Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about obtaining legal copy of windows xp media center edition 2005 iso

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

So I have an HP Pavlilion a1330n and it was made for windows mce 2005 (might be 2004) and I have the licence key and it's the same motherboard however when I got this computer it did not come with the disks so I put in my old harddrive that came out of my old tower (windows vista) and I am currently using DBaN to wipe the drive, now after that's done I'm gonna need an iso to burn to a blank disk so I can install it, Does anyone know where I can legally obtain a windows mce 2005 iso?

Hey everyone I'm Allen (Also known as VinylScratch on IRC) I help people with their computer problems.
Please if I give instructions to a thread poster and you're are not him do not follow my instructions please do not follow them, but instead start up your own thread asking for help if you have the same issue.
This is because everyone's problem is different and you could seriously damage your computer by following instructions not given to you.
  Also yes I am a Brony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

The only place to get a legal ISO is with a TechNet or MSDN subscription. You can however get the disks: http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product_details.php?category_id=16&item_id=570

#3 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

So I'm sitting with a useless tower under my desk because I don't have the money for either of these options, but thanks for atleast giving me an idea on how to obtain them.

Hey everyone I'm Allen (Also known as VinylScratch on IRC) I help people with their computer problems.
Please if I give instructions to a thread poster and you're are not him do not follow my instructions please do not follow them, but instead start up your own thread asking for help if you have the same issue.
This is because everyone's problem is different and you could seriously damage your computer by following instructions not given to you.
  Also yes I am a Brony.

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

You could put Linux on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users