Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about obtaining legal copy of windows xp media center edition 2005 iso

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

So I have an HP Pavlilion a1330n and it was made for windows mce 2005 (might be 2004) and I have the licence key and it's the same motherboard however when I got this computer it did not come with the disks so I put in my old harddrive that came out of my old tower (windows vista) and I am currently using DBaN to wipe the drive, now after that's done I'm gonna need an iso to burn to a blank disk so I can install it, Does anyone know where I can legally obtain a windows mce 2005 iso?

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections, and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

The only place to get a legal ISO is with a TechNet or MSDN subscription. You can however get the disks: http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product_details.php?category_id=16&item_id=570

#3 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

So I'm sitting with a useless tower under my desk because I don't have the money for either of these options, but thanks for atleast giving me an idea on how to obtain them.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections, and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

You could put Linux on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users