Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32.downloader.gen virus help needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robiskool

robiskool

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

So my computer has been running fairly slow lately and have been getting kicked off the internet a lot.  I ran spybot S&D and it found win32.download.gen virus, an incredibar hijacker and some PUPSC problems.  After running the scan and trying to remove them I am getting an error that says "Unexpected error in fixing problems: Cannot create C:Windows\wininit.ini: Access is Denied"..  I've also had some problems recently when my Create a Folder option has gone missing and some other  small problems.  Any help is appreciated!

Edited by robiskool, 08 July 2013 - 02:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robiskool

robiskool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

So that was kinda stupid but I just had to run Spybot as Administrator and it worked alright.  Will I need to do anything else to fully remove these or will Spybot pretty much take care of it? Thanks in advance.

#3 im abcd

im abcd

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

Lets make sure that the virus, and any other infection is all gone. Lets run through the following: 

Once done, post the log files of both in your next post. 

Regards,

Abcd .

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

#4 robiskool

robiskool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

MalwareBytes found nothing.  ESET found some threats, here are the logs.

C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\FraudInternetSecurity24.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM118.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM119.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM13.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM14.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM171.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM195.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\Users\All Users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM72.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\FraudInternetSecurity24.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM118.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM119.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM13.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM14.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM171.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM195.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\SweetIM72.zip Win32/Bagle.gen.zip worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined

#5 robiskool

robiskool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Starting to get serious frame drops in games, freezing on browser and other problems now too.. 

#6 im abcd

im abcd

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Eset seems to have found nothing either. The only thing it did find were the infections quarantined by Spybot. Anyways, further we should run through the following:

Post logs of all of them in your next post.

Regards,

Abcd.

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users