Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Search B1 virus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HappyPencilOwls

HappyPencilOwls

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hey guys,

I've just downloaded a file (which did not work at all) into my computer, and when I opened Google Chrome, I realised that something was wrong. As instead of the page with the logos of applications (eg. gmail, youtube), a page that looks like a search engine came up, with the logo B1. So I did a little research and found out that my computer now has a virus. Right now, the only problem I'm experiencing is the search engine, my computer did not go any slower than normal I think, and there hasn't been any blank screen yet. But I'm really scared that my comp will die later.

Anyway, I've deleted the file from my computer, and tried to follow the instructions people posted online on how to remove the virus, but I don't think it actually worked, because the Search B1 window won't go away.

So I really need you guys' help, can some kind souls teach me how to remove this virus completely? like not only getting my original google chrome start-up window back, but really kill virus once and for all. Thank you in advance:)

~ Jas <3

P.s. let me know if you need me to tell you anything that will aid you in aiding me get rid of the urghh virus. ><thanks:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 60,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hello and welcome HPO

Lets run these and see how it is..

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamicontw5.gif and save it to your desktop.

• Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
  • Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions
  • for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues

Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.

Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
•Close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Delete.
•Confirm each time with Ok.
•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Edited by boopme, 29 May 2013 - 10:39 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 HappyPencilOwls

HappyPencilOwls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

umm, thank you boopme so much for replying, but I'm really bad at all the technical stuff, so it's a bit confusing. 

you mentioned 2 types of anti virus programmes, I'm not sure which one should I download. Does the type of windows matter? and which one would you suggest I use?

thank you thank you. I know, I really bad at this><

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 60,085 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

No problem, None of these are antivirus' they are cleaning tools. I want you to run all 3. It does not matter... the version of windows.

Edited by boopme, 29 May 2013 - 10:39 AM.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 HappyPencilOwls

HappyPencilOwls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hello boopme:)thank you once again for the help XD really appreciate it.

However, I'm still kind of confused:

-I'm not really familiar with logs, so I'm not sure what you meant by replying. And I accidentally closed the notepad from the malwarebytes before saving, now I can't seem to find it anywhere, should I rescan the comp with malwarebytes to get the log?

-I've done every step you said (other than the ones got to do with logs), and now the Search B1 page is gone from my Google Chrome, but it is replaced with this 

This web page has not been found

No web page was found for the web address: chrome-extension://hahpjplbmicfkmoccokbjejahjjpnena/B1red.html

window.(I dunno why but I can't paste photos in the posts.) Why is this so? How do I know if the virus is completely gone? and how do I change this window to something else? like the page with the apps.

thank you so much:)

Edited by HappyPencilOwls, 30 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 60,085 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hello ,sorry was away..

Lets first see that log. May have removed something we want back.

◾The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
◾Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.

#7 HappyPencilOwls

HappyPencilOwls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hey boopme, thank you SOOOO much for helping me with this evil >( virus:D

I didn't really finish using your method though, since before I figured out what to do with the logs and find out why was there a problematic chrome's page, my dad restored the comp so that the virus's went away completely. 

So, just wanna say thanks for your help!^^ and that my comp is good now:)yay!

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 60,085 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

You're welcome!  Thanks for letting me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users