Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FIND STRING (QGREP) UTILITY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 nyambe

nyambe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

I have this problem with my laptop's window 8 which i changed 2 months ago from windows 7, when i start the computer, it bring this notification which say, "find string (QGREP) Utility has stopped working" and further explains "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". i have tried to troubleshoot but still nothing and the so called windows will notify me when the problem is found is not doing anything.

To add more, when i select the only option, "close program" it closes and another one pops up, saying, "Takes ownership of a file has stopped working

What i have done so far is to scan the computer using Windows Defender and it can't detect any viruses so far... 

thanks for your quick response

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AhmadMorad

AhmadMorad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have the same problem > Hope it's not a virus

#3 drarunb4u

drarunb4u

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

what is the solution for this ? can anybody help me

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Both of you download the attached batch file and post the results please.

Attached Files

#5 psychotucker

psychotucker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

not helping me with the bat file

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,530 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

? What happens when you run it?

#7 AhmadMorad

AhmadMorad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

thank u very much admin for ur help > I solved the problem in the same day :bananas:
I don't know how but now everything is fine .
Thank you again :flowers:

#8 heathcliff

heathcliff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

it did not work on mine too,,it says that ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry  key or value..after a notebook file appears like this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    USB Security    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\USB Disk Security\USBGuard.exe
    WinampAgent    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
    RemoteControl    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
    LanguageShortcut    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
    Dell Webcam Central    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe" /mode2
    UIExec    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SMART BRO\UIExec.exe"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Messenger (Yahoo!)    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
    Facebook Update    REG_SZ    "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\FacebookUpdate.exe" /c /nocrashserver
    Yontoo Desktop    REG_SZ    "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Yontoo\YontooDesktop.exe"
    SDP    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\FilesFrog Update Checker\update_checker.exe /auto 

plssss.help me with this? tnk u

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,530 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

The best way to resolve this is to figure out which program is causing the issue.

Let's try the easy startups first. At the start screen, type task manager and then click on the program result when it appears.

When the program starts, click on the Startup tab and you will see a list of all programs that are starting automatically. Right click on each one and Disable it. Once all of the startups are showing as disabled, reboot your computer and see if the message disappears. If it has, then you should enable each startup one at a time while rebooting after each time you enable one. Once you enable one and on reboot the error appears, then you found the problematic program and can either uninstall it or keep it disabled.

#10 guns99

guns99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

the message still appears even if i disabled all my programs from startup, what to do?

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,530 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

For those affected, was there a program that was installed or Run prior to this error message appearing?

#12 naveensharma

naveensharma

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Dear Admin,

I have the same problem. I tried your exprun.bat file, but that file not helping me.

After execute the bat file, a notepad window appears with below details.

Adobe ARM    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    BingDesktop    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingDesktop\BingDesktop.exe /fromkey
    NeroFilterCheck    REG_SZ    C:\Windows\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    HTC Sync Loader    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Sync 3.0\htcUPCTLoader.exe" -startup
    SunJavaUpdateSched    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    vmware-tray    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe"
    CNAP2 Launcher    REG_SZ    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CNAP2LAK.EXE
    Enhanced Performance Keyboard    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Lenovo\USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard\SKDaemon.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Dexpot    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Dexpot\dexpot.exe
    googletalk    REG_SZ    C:\Users\Navi\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
    CNAP2 Launcher    REG_SZ    C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CNAP2LAK.EXE
    IDMan    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe /onboot

When ever I close the error msg it take me to login window. Pls find the attached file.

Really I need your help and thanks for suggestions.

Attached Files

Edited by naveensharma, 14 June 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#13 ajarnal

ajarnal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I've got the same problem. I tried 'disabling thing' but to no avail. I also downloaded the attached file and I got this 

RemoteControl10    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PDVD10Serv.exe"
    CLMLServer    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
    GrooveMonitor    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    Adobe Reader Speed Launcher    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    Adobe ARM    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    RemoteControl11    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVD11Serv.exe"
    NBKeyScan    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
    WinampAgent    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe
    YouCam Service    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YouCamService.exe" /s
    ControlCenter4    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcBoot.exe /autorun
    BrStsMon00    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother\BrStMonW.exe /AUTORUN
    vProt    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG SafeGuard toolbar\vprot.exe"
    SunJavaUpdateSched    REG_SZ    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents
    (Default)    REG_SZ    

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL
    Installed    REG_SZ    1
    (Default)    REG_SZ    

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI
    NoChange    REG_SZ    1
    Installed    REG_SZ    1
    (Default)    REG_SZ    

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS
    Installed    REG_SZ    1
    (Default)    REG_SZ    

Please help...

#14 naveensharma

naveensharma

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Until now, there is no solution available to this problem.

If anybody got the solution anywhere please post here.

coz it's really worse.     :exclame:      

Edited by naveensharma, 15 June 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#15 heathcliff

heathcliff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

yesss plsss help ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users