Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials, error code 0x80070643

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TAB4

TAB4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Some false internet security program started up.  My spouse didn't close it properly or something, because then MSE stopped working.  I did a restore point first.  The restore succeeded but MSE still didn't work.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall MSE.  Couldn't do it in the typical manner (programs > uninstall).  Error code was 0x80073b01.  So I downloaded Malwarebytes and did the quick scan. It found and removed some trojan.  Still couldn’t uninstalI MSE.  I was finally able to remove Microsoft Security Essentials using Microsoft article at support.microsoft.com/kb/2483120.  But I have not been able to reinstall MSE.  I even removed Malwarebytes in case it was the problem - conflicting AV software - even though I run both on my other computer.  Then I went through all the steps in windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/i-cant-install-microsoft-security-essentials.  Still can't install MSE.  Error code is 0x80070643. 

One Microsoft Support answer I read told me that maybe I needed to run updates in windows.  Tried this and found I can't run updates either. Error code 0x80096001.  Two critical updates need downloaded but can't be.  Even the windows update troubleshooter couldn't fix it.    I've now reinstalled Malwarebytes and am running the full scan, but I don't have much hope.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.     

Update:  I've now run the following based on a question/answer in Microsoft Support:  

Hitman Pro:  It said I had malicious software called Zero Access in the recycle bin plus some tracking cookies elsewhere.  It seemed to want me to buy the program to delete these.  I deleted everything in the recycle bin and just left the cookies.  When I rerun Hitman Pro, it still says I have everything it said before.  Weird.  I can't remember if this was before or after I rebooted.  I've rebooted and am running it again.  Still says I have all that stuff (Zero Access files in recycle bin and of course the tracking cookies).  

TDSS Killer:  Said I had a locked file, Service: rpcld, and categorized it as suspicious object, medium risk.  I couldn't find a clear answer on the web to see it this was a virus.  I quarantined it.  

MS Scanner:  No viruses detected.

Update 2: Microsoft support told me to do the following (in direct response to my question) but I've had no success yet.

1st recommendation (follow Install Microsoft Security Essentials Checklist at social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/content/articles/15844.install-microsoft-security-essentials-checklist….):

Case 1: Windows Defender Offline found nothing in quick scan. I'm now doing full scan but am not hopeful. It looks like it is going to take hours and hours. Is it even worth waiting for it to complete or should I move on to another potential solution?

Case 2: Windows IS genuine.

Case 3: Another anti-virus was not installed. I've since installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the free version of Malwarebytes trying to install MSE both with and without it, rebooting in between. I used support.microsoft.com/kb/2483120 to uninstall MSE. Is it possible that this did not completely uninstall it? (Sorry about text size -- I don't see where to fix it.)

Case 4: Error message during installation --- this is a problem. I get clear to the install window for MSE, it looks good (like it's installing), and then ... failure (refers me to error 0x80070643). Windows updates is a problem (as I mentioned above). I can't get the last two critical updates to run. I get error code 80096001 (typed in wrong code in post above) .

Case 5: I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit. Since last post, I've also run TDSS Killer, Hitman Pro, and MS Scanner. No luck. TDSS Killer found a suspicious object -- rpcld -- which I quarantined. Hitman found Zero Access something or other in my recycle bin. I deleted all files in the recycle bin and rebooted but Hitman still sees them in there -- Hitman asking me to pay to get rid of them but I'm wondering if Hitman knows what it's talking about. I weird thing also happened. Windows Defender (not the Offline one) popped up while I was making the Offline disk on my other computer. Before it said it was turned off and I needed to turn it on. I couldn't turn it on. Then all of a sudden I could. It scanned my PC and said all was good. Then it went back to saying it had been turned off and I should turn it on but not letting me. ---

2nd recommendation (more anti-malware programs, windows update fix-it, uninstalling MSE details, download MSE):

Infection:
1. Malwarebytes: I’m sure I downloaded the free MBAM but I don’t see where to uncheck 14 day trial. (I downloaded it yesterday so maybe this was something in the download process that I’m just not remembering). Do you think I need to redownload?

2. I scanned with SUPERAntispyware. It found 50 file items (tracking cookies I believe - which surprised me after all the other programs that I’ve run).

3. Hitman Pro – see above run.

Downloading: Ran the Windows Update Fix-it. Window at end said “Repair Windows Update components” with status of “Fixed.” Then I check in my lower right hand corner for the PC status flag that tells me about updates. It gives me the Window Defender screen that I mentioned in response to first post. It says all is well except no anti-virus program has been selected. I don’t trust this. So I went to Windows update and it gives me the two updates I’ve been seeing that keep failing to install. Hallelujah! I just pushed the update button and after two tries both updates seem to have installed (I think I forgot to select them both in my first attempt here). Ever hopeful, I rebooted and tried to install MSE at this point. SUPERAntispyware is starting on boot up so I told it to exit – so it wouldn’t be running when I was trying to install MSE. No luck on MSE installation – same error code as before.

Uninstalling MSE: a) I had already done the kb/2483120 fix (using the fix-it button), but I did it again.   
B) I followed the 5/7/12 added instructions but I neither Microsoft Security Client or Microsoft Antimalware show up so I can’t uninstall them.
c) I ran saved and ran the mseremoval.bat file
d) I redownloaded MSE for Windows 7 64-bit system. I did not try the manual methods as these were stated as “alternate” methods.

No luck. I get the same error --- installation can’t be completed, error code 0x80070643. Do I need to uninstall free Malwarebytes, SUPERAntispyware, Hitman Pro, TDSS Killer, MBAM, MS Scanner? They are not running when I try to install MSE.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 May 2013 - 06:23 PM.
moved from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the appropriate forum for malware removal. Your other post, which was in someone else's topic, has been deleted because it is about the same issue as this post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

p22002970.gif Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.

p22002970.gif Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

p22002970.gif Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click Go and post the result.

p22002970.gif Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

p22002970.gifDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.
  • Unzip downloaded file.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt

p22002970.gif Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

• Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • Do not reboot until instructed.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.

When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 TAB4

TAB4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thank you so much in advance for your help.  Before I saw your response, I was on the phone with HP who recommended another restore point -- which I did and which took me back to the original error.  On the off chance that doing everything I did yesterday again today would have different results (definition of insanity I know), I installed and ran all the programs I mentioned before (MBAM, TDSSKiller, SUPERAntispy), checked for Windows updates, uninstalled the aforementioned programs, uninstalled MSE, and then tried to install MSE.  Ended up at same spot.  Interesting thing that happened though -- 14 Windows security-related updates came through today.  I think we may have been hit by the fake MSE virus.  I've been reading about it and it sounds like what I saw on my old computer and avoided but should have warned my husband about for this computer.  After all this, I saw your post --- light at the end of the tunnel!  So, here are the logs:

----

I can't do Security Check -- it says it "is not a valid Win32 application."  My computer is HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook PC, System type:  64-bit Operating System (so I'm not sure why this error).

------------------

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 14-04-2013
Ran by Walter (administrator) on 14-05-2013 at 14:34:20
Running from "C:\Users\Walter\Desktop"
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================

Action Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand. The default start type is Auto.
The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK.
The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK.

Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
==========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware"=DWORD:1

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit

**** End of log ****

-------

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version:21-04-2013
Ran by Walter (administrator) on 14-05-2013 at 14:39:20
Running from "C:\Users\Walter\Desktop"
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.
========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN = Wireless Network Connection (Connected)
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) = Bluetooth Network Connection (Media disconnected)
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller = Local Area Connection (Media disconnected)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter = Wireless Network Connection 2 (Media disconnected)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter = Wireless Network Connection 3 (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
add route prefix=169.254.0.0/16 interface="iftype0_0" nexthop=192.168.1.72 metric=1 publish=Yes
set subinterface interface=?2) subinterface=ethernet_6 mtu=1477
add address name="Wireless Network Connection 3" address=192.168.16.2 mask=255.255.255.0

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Walter-HP
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gateway.2wire.net

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 8C-A9-82-76-0A-F5
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 8C-A9-82-76-0A-F5
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : gateway.2wire.net
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 8C-A9-82-76-0A-F4
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::486b:5eaa:2b37:3939%14(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.72(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:09:59 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:09:58 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 378317186
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-5D-9D-C6-2C-27-D7-BC-92-4A
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2C-27-D7-BC-92-4A

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : CC-52-AF-79-25-C1

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : gateway.2wire.net
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3877:98:ba25:b230(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3877:98:ba25:b230%19(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Server:  home
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  2607:f8b0:4009:804::1002

Pinging google.com [74.125.225.70] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.225.70: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=55
Reply from 74.125.225.70: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 74.125.225.70:
    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 31ms
Server:  home
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  98.139.183.24

Pinging yahoo.com [98.138.253.109] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=197ms TTL=50
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=150ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 98.138.253.109:
    Minimum = 150ms, Maximum = 197ms, Average = 173ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
 16...8c a9 82 76 0a f5 ......Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2
 15...8c a9 82 76 0a f5 ......Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
 14...8c a9 82 76 0a f4 ......Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
 12...2c 27 d7 bc 92 4a ......Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
 10...cc 52 af 79 25 c1 ......Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
 28...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
 13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
 19...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0    192.168.1.254     192.168.1.72     25
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
      169.254.0.0      255.255.0.0         On-link      192.168.1.72     26
  169.254.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
      192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
     192.168.1.72  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
    192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.72    281
Persistent Routes:
  Network Address          Netmask  Gateway Address  Metric
      169.254.0.0      255.255.0.0     192.168.1.72       1

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
 19     58 ::/0                     On-link
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
 19     58 2001::/32                On-link
 19    306 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3877:98:ba25:b230/128
                                    On-link
 14    281 fe80::/64                On-link
 19    306 fe80::/64                On-link
 19    306 fe80::3877:98:ba25:b230/128
                                    On-link
 14    281 fe80::486b:5eaa:2b37:3939/128
                                    On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
 19    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
 14    281 ff00::/8                 On-link
Persistent Routes:
  None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 05 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [145280] (Microsoft Corp.)
Catalog5 06 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [145280] (Microsoft Corp.)
Catalog5 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll [36352] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll [20992] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\System32\NLAapi.dll [70656] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\napinsp.dll [68096] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 05 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [170880] (Microsoft Corp.)
x64-Catalog5 06 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [170880] (Microsoft Corp.)
x64-Catalog5 07 C:\Windows\System32\wshbth.dll [47104] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 09 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [28672] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (05/14/2013 02:25:41 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:25:41 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:21:02 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:21:02 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:19:43 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup) (User: Walter-HP)
Description: HRESULT:0x80070643
Description:Cannot complete the Security Essentials installation. An error has prevented the Security Essentials setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070643. Fatal error during installation.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:14:42 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:14:42 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:12:36 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller) (User: Walter-HP)
Description: Product: Microsoft Security Client -- Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: c:\Windows\Installer\epp.msi

Error: (05/14/2013 02:08:39 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup) (User: Walter-HP)
Description: HRESULT:0x8004FF0A
Description:Microsoft Security Essentials installation was canceled. You canceled the Security Essentials installation on your computer. Error code:0x8004FF0A.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:08:20 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup) (User: Walter-HP)
Description:Cannot complete the Security Essentials installation. An error has prevented the Security Essentials setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070643. Fatal error during installation.

System errors:
=============
Error: (05/14/2013 02:09:54 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Microsoft Antimalware Service service terminated with the following error:
%%-2147024894

Error: (05/14/2013 01:48:45 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
Description: %%860 Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.

Feature: %%886

Error Code: 0x80070002

Error description: The system cannot find the file specified.

Reason: %%892

Error: (05/14/2013 01:20:57 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
Description: %%860 Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.

Error: (05/14/2013 01:17:17 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/14/2013 01:11:07 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/14/2013 01:09:17 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/14/2013 09:08:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/14/2013 02:26:24 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/13/2013 09:03:54 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (05/13/2013 08:30:44 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (05/14/2013 02:25:41 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0"C:\Windows\Installer\{AF7EBCA4-9FAF-4DC8-8D09-67854BB84D34}\recordingmanager.exe

Error: (05/14/2013 02:25:41 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: rpshellextension.1.0,language="&#x2a;",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0"C:\Windows\Installer\{AF7EBCA4-9FAF-4DC8-8D09-67854BB84D34}\recordingmanager.exe

Error: (05/14/2013 02:21:02 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: WmiApRplWmiApRpl8F20300004D070000

Error: (05/14/2013 02:21:02 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Performance1637070000000000000000000009030000

Error: (05/14/2013 02:19:43 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup)(User: Walter-HP)

Error: (05/14/2013 02:14:42 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: WmiApRplWmiApRpl8F20300004D070000

Error: (05/14/2013 02:14:42 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Performance1637070000000000000000000009030000

Error: (05/14/2013 02:12:36 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller)(User: Walter-HP)
Description: Product: Microsoft Security Client -- Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: c:\Windows\Installer\epp.msi(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)

Error: (05/14/2013 02:08:39 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup)(User: Walter-HP)
Description: HRESULT:0x8004FF0A
Description:Microsoft Security Essentials installation was canceled. You canceled the Security Essentials installation on your computer. Error code:0x8004FF0A.

Error: (05/14/2013 02:08:20 PM) (Source: Microsoft Security Client Setup)(User: Walter-HP)

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Absolute Notifier (Version: 1.4.3.10)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.5.3.9120)
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX (Version: 11.7.700.169)
Adobe Reader 9.5.4 MUI (Version: 9.5.4)
Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5 (Version: 11.5.8.612)
Agatha Christie - Peril at End House (Version: 2.2.0.95)
AMD APP SDK Runtime (Version: 2.5.709.2)
AMD Catalyst Install Manager (Version: 3.0.838.0)
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Bing Bar (Version: 7.1.361.0)
Bing Rewards Client Installer (Version: 16.0.345.0)
Blackhawk Striker 2 (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Blasterball 3 (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Blio (Version: 2.0.5350)
Bounce Symphony (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 3.0 (Version: 6.3.0.6300)
Build-a-lot 2 (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Cake Mania (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Canon Easy-WebPrint EX
Canon IJ Network Scan Utility
Canon IJ Network Tool
CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Task for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 1.7.2.11)
Canon Internet Library for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 1.6.3.9)
Canon MP Navigator EX 3.1
Canon MX870 series MP Drivers
Canon MX870 series User Registration
Canon Speed Dial Utility
Canon Utilities CameraWindow (Version: 7.4.0.7)
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC 8 (Version: 8.1.0.11)
Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
Canon Utilities My Printer
Canon Utilities MyCamera (Version: 7.3.0.5)
Canon Utilities Solution Menu
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 6.5.1.15)
Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility (Version: 1.3.0.4)
Catalyst Control Center - Branding (Version: 1.00.0000)
Catalyst Control Center (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
Catalyst Control Center Localization All (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
Catalyst Control Center Profiles Mobile (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
CCC Help Chinese Standard (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Chinese Traditional (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Czech (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Danish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Dutch (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help English (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Finnish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help French (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help German (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Greek (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Hungarian (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Italian (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Japanese (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Korean (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Norwegian (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Polish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Portuguese (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Russian (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Spanish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Swedish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Thai (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
CCC Help Turkish (Version: 2011.0930.2208.37895)
ccc-utility64 (Version: 2011.0930.2209.37895)
Chuzzle Deluxe (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Coby Media Manager (Version: 1.0.4606)
CyberLink DVD Suite (Version: 7.0.3525)
CyberLink PowerDVD (Version: 10.0.3.3222)
CyberLink YouCam (Version: 3.5.1.4305)
D3DX10 (Version: 15.4.2368.0902)
Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB982726) 32-Bit Edition
Diner Dash 2 Restaurant Rescue (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Dora's World Adventure (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Dropbox (Version: 1.6.18)
Energy Star Digital Logo (Version: 1.0.1)
Escape Rosecliff Island (Version: 2.2.0.95)
ESU for Microsoft Windows 7 (Version: 1.0.0)
Farm Frenzy (Version: 2.2.0.95)
FATE (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Final Drive Nitro (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Finale 2012 (Version: 2012.a.r3.10)
Finale PrintMusic 2010 (Version: 15.1.4.1)
GamesBar 2.0.1.81 (Version: 2.0.1.81)
Glo Bible Software
Google Chrome (Version: 26.0.1410.64)
Google Talk Plugin (Version: 3.19.1.13088)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.135)
Guitar Praise (Version: 1.00.0000)
Heroes of Hellas 2 - Olympia (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Hewlett-Packard ACLM.NET v1.2.1.1 (Version: 1.00.0000)
Hidden Expedition Titanic
HP 3D DriveGuard (Version: 4.1.9.1)
HP Auto (Version: 1.0.12494.3472)
HP Client Services (Version: 1.0.12656.3472)
HP CloudDrive
HP Customer Experience Enhancements (Version: 6.0.1.7)
HP Documentation (Version: 1.1.0.0)
HP Game Console
HP Games (Version: 1.0.1.5)
HP MovieStore (Version: 1.0.036)
HP MovieStore (Version: 2.0)
HP On Screen Display (Version: 1.3.5)
HP Power Manager (Version: 1.4.4)
HP Quick Launch (Version: 2.5.2)
HP Setup (Version: 8.4.4487.3576)
HP Setup Manager (Version: 1.0.12845.3522)
HP SimplePass 2011 (Version: 5.0.1.448)
HP Software Framework (Version: 4.1.13.1)
HP Support Assistant (Version: 7.0.39.15)
HP Wireless Assistant (Version: 4.0.10.0)
IB Updater 2.0.0.551 (Version: 2.0.0.551)
IDT Audio (Version: 1.0.6345.0)
ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.6 Transfer Utility (Version: 6.00.018)
Intel PROSet Wireless
Intel® Control Center (Version: 1.2.1.1007)
Intel® Display Audio Driver (Version: 6.14.00.3074)
Intel® Management Engine Components (Version: 7.0.0.1144)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (Version: 14.2.0000)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Version: 10.6.0.1002)
Intel® Wireless Display
Intel® Wireless Display (Version: 2.0.27.0)
Internet TV for Windows Media Center (Version: 4.2.2.0)
Java 7 Update 17 (Version: 7.0.170)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.1.9.0)
Java™ 6 Update 22 (64-bit) (Version: 6.0.220)
Java™ 6 Update 39 (Version: 6.0.390)
Jewel Quest Solitaire 2 (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Junk Mail filter update (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
LabelPrint (Version: 2.5.3429)
LightScribe System Software (Version: 1.18.20.1)
magicJack (Version: 2.0.6073.4413)
Mesh Runtime (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6015.5000)
Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Version: 14.0.4763.1000)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Single Image 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Security Client (Version: 4.2.0223.1)
Microsoft Silverlight (Version: 5.1.20125.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] (Version: 3.1.0000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.59193)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x64 9.0.30729.5570 (Version: 9.0.30729.5570)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570 (Version: 9.0.30729.5570)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (Version: 10.0.30319)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (Version: 10.0.40219)
Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime (Version: 3.0.5305.0)
MSVCRT (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSVCRT_amd64 (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
Mystery P.I. - The London Caper (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Penguins! (Version: 2.2.0.95)
PictureMover (Version: 3.5.0.35)
Pinnacle Studio 14 (Version: 14.0.0.7255)
Pinnacle Video Driver (Version: 12.1.0.030)
Plants vs. Zombies (Version: 2.2.0.95)
PlayReady PC Runtime x86 (Version: 1.3.0)
Poker Superstars III (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Polar Bowler (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Polar Golfer (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Power2Go (Version: 6.1.4725)
PX Profile Update (Version: 1.00.1.)
RealDownloader (Version: 1.3.0)
RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (Version: 9.0)
RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime (Version: 10.0)
RealPlayer (Version: 16.0.0)
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver (Version: 7.41.216.2011)
Realtek PCIE Card Reader (Version: 6.1.7601.83)
RealUpgrade 1.1 (Version: 1.1.0)
Recovery Manager (Version: 1.0.22)
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (Version: 2.1.19.0)
Replay Media Catcher 4 (4.3.2) (Version: 4.3.2)
RoxioNow Player (Version: 1.9.5.101)
Smilebox (Version: 1.1.1.1)
SureThing Express Labeler
Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Version: 15.3.11.0)
TurboTax 2010
TurboTax 2010 WinPerFedFormset (Version: 010.000.5821)
TurboTax 2010 WinPerReleaseEngine (Version: 010.000.0501)
TurboTax 2010 WinPerTaxSupport (Version: 010.000.0222)
TurboTax 2010 wmiiper (Version: 010.000.1790)
TurboTax 2010 wrapper (Version: 010.000.0157)
Unity Web Player (Version: )
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2473228) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2600217) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2494150)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553065)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553181) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553267) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553310) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553378) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2566458)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2596964) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2598242) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687503) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687509) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2760631) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2767886) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 (KB2553290) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB2597090) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB2687623) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Outlook Social Connector 2010 (KB2553406) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (KB2598240) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (KB2589371) 32-Bit Edition
Validity WBF DDK (Version: 4.3.205.0)
Virtual Families (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Virtual Villagers 4 - The Tree of Life (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Wheel of Fortune 2 (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Windows Live Communications Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Version: 7.250.4225.0)
Windows Live Installer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Language Selector (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Mail (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Messenger (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live MIME IFilter (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Movie Maker (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Common (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Gallery (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live PIMT Platform (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Remote Client (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Client Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live SOXE (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live SOXE Definitions (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Writer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Writer Resources (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Yahoo! Detect
Zuma Deluxe (Version: 2.2.0.95)

========================= Devices: ================================

Name: Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0018)
Description: Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0018)
Class Guid: {24619924-aa9e-486f-99f9-847a5986b6be}
Manufacturer: Validity Sensors, Inc.
Service: WUDFRd
Problem: : Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Resolution: A registry problem was detected.
 This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey. Try these options:
On the "General Properties" tab of the device, click "Troubleshoot" to start the troubleshooting wizard.
Click "Uninstall", and then click "Scan for hardware changes" to load a usable driver.

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 35%
Total physical RAM: 6091.86 MB
Available physical RAM: 3915.89 MB
Total Pagefile: 12181.9 MB
Available Pagefile: 9608.99 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3975.12 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:914.33 GB) (Free:649.9 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:16.89 GB) (Free:2.11 GB) NTFS
4 Drive f: (HP_TOOLS) (Fixed) (Total:0.1 GB) (Free:0.08 GB) FAT32

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\WALTER-HP

Administrator            Guest                    Walter                  

**** End of log ****

----------------------

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.05.14.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Walter :: WALTER-HP [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

5/14/2013 2:45:03 PM
mbam-log-2013-05-14 (14-45-03).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 219115
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 12 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

-------

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.05.0.1001
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.05.14.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Walter :: WALTER-HP [administrator]

5/14/2013 3:34:28 PM
mbar-log-2013-05-14 (15-34-28).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM | P2P
Scan options disabled:
Objects scanned: 31250
Time elapsed: 22 minute(s),

Memory Processes Detected: 0

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 2
c:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-18\$96f3d1ab420038c7466132f7fdef6143 (Trojan.Siredef.C) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1193389188-1243022491-604975418-1000\$96f3d1ab420038c7466132f7fdef6143 (Trojan.Siredef.C) -> Delete on reboot.

Files Detected: 0

(end)

----

---------------------------------------
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.05.0.1001

© Malwarebytes Corporation 2011-2012

OS version: 6.1.7601 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64

Account is Administrative

Internet Explorer version: 8.0.7601.17514

Java version: 1.6.0_39

File system is: NTFS
Disk drives: C:\ DRIVE_FIXED, D:\ DRIVE_FIXED, F:\ DRIVE_FIXED, Q:\ DRIVE_FIXED
CPU speed: 1.995000 GHz
Memory total: 6387777536, free: 3869503488

------------ Kernel report ------------
     05/14/2013 15:11:31
------------ Loaded modules -----------
\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
\SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\kdcom.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\CLFS.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\CI.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ACPI.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WMILIB.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\msisadrv.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\vdrvroot.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\compbatt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BATTC.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mountmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\atapi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ataport.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\msahci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\PCIIDEX.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\amdxata.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fileinfo.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MpFilter.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\msrpc.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecdd.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pcw.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NETIO.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecpkg.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fwpkclnt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\spldr.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mup.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hwpolicy.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hpdskflt.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Null.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Beep.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\VIDEOPRT.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\watchdog.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rdpencdd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rdprefmp.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Msfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Npfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tdx.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\TDI.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afd.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wfplwf.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pacer.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\termdd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mssmbios.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\discache.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dfsc.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\blbdrive.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tunnel.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdpmd64.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\fastfat.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HECIx64.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\USBPORT.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\HDAudBus.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vwifibus.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\RtsPStor.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\USBD.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\kbdclass.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SynTP.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Accelerometer.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wmiacpi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AMPPAL.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\CompositeBus.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\clwvd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ks.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AgileVpn.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rassstp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\appliand.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\swenum.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\circlass.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MarvinBus64.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\umbus.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\WDKMD.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\stwrt64.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\portcls.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\drmk.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3hub.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Dxapi.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\crashdmp.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_iaStor.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_dumpfve.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HIDCLASS.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HIDPARSE.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\btwampfl.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\BTHUSB.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\bthport.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rfcomm.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\BthEnum.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bthpan.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\btwavdt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\btwaudio.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\btwl2cap.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\btwrchid.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\monitor.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\TSDDD.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\cdd.dll
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\usbvideo.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\ATMFD.DLL
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\luafv.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Sftvollh.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WudfPf.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lltdio.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nwifi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rspndr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\HTTP.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bowser.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb10.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb20.sys
\??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\rikvm_38F51D56.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\peauth.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\secdrv.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Sftfslh.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Sftplaylh.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vwifimp.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srvnet.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpipreg.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv2.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Sftredirlh.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys
\??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
\??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys
\??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
\Windows\System32\smss.exe
\Windows\System32\apisetschema.dll
\Windows\System32\autochk.exe
\Windows\System32\sechost.dll
\Windows\System32\wininet.dll
\Windows\System32\psapi.dll
\Windows\System32\ole32.dll
\Windows\System32\lpk.dll
\Windows\System32\urlmon.dll
\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll
\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll
\Windows\System32\Wldap32.dll
\Windows\System32\nsi.dll
\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll
\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll
\Windows\System32\shell32.dll
\Windows\System32\msctf.dll
\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll
\Windows\System32\usp10.dll
\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll
\Windows\System32\comdlg32.dll
\Windows\System32\difxapi.dll
\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll
\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll
\Windows\System32\user32.dll
\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll
\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll
\Windows\System32\iertutil.dll
\Windows\System32\normaliz.dll
\Windows\System32\imm32.dll
\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll
\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll
\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
\Windows\System32\comctl32.dll
\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll
\Windows\System32\devobj.dll
\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll
\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll
\Windows\SysWOW64\normaliz.dll
----------- End -----------
<<<1>>>
Upper Device Name: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0
Upper Device Object: 0xfffffa8006b3f790
Upper Device Driver Name: \Driver\Disk\
Lower Device Name: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1\
Lower Device Object: 0xfffffa800691f050
Lower Device Driver Name: \Driver\iaStor\
Driver name found: iaStor
Initialization returned 0x0
Load Function returned 0x0
Downloaded database version: v2013.05.14.06
Downloaded database version: v2013.05.13.01
Initializing...
Done!
<<<2>>>
Device number: 0, partition: 2
Physical Sector Size: 512
Drive: 0, DevicePointer: 0xfffffa8006b3f790, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
--------- Disk Stack ------
DevicePointer: 0xfffffa8006b3f2c0, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\partmgr\
DevicePointer: 0xfffffa8006b3f790, DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
DevicePointer: 0xfffffa8006a58b10, DeviceName: Unknown, DriverName: \Driver\hpdskflt\
DevicePointer: 0xfffffa800691f050, DeviceName: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1\, DriverName: \Driver\iaStor\
------------ End ----------
Alternate DeviceName: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\, DriverName: \Driver\Disk\
Upper DeviceData: 0xfffff8a00f1771b0, 0xfffffa8006b3f790, 0xfffffa8006203790
Lower DeviceData: 0xfffff8a00bcb6610, 0xfffffa800691f050, 0xfffffa800de68820
<<<3>>>
Volume: C:
File system type: NTFS
SectorSize = 512, ClusterSize = 4096, MFTRecordSize = 1024, MFTIndexSize = 4096 bytes
Scanning directory: C:\Windows\system32\drivers...
<<<2>>>
Device number: 0, partition: 2
<<<3>>>
Volume: C:
File system type: NTFS
SectorSize = 512, ClusterSize = 4096, MFTRecordSize = 1024, MFTIndexSize = 4096 bytes
Done!
Drive 0
Scanning MBR on drive 0...
Inspecting partition table:
MBR Signature: 55AA
Disk Signature: DA73E482

Partition information:

Partition 0 type is Primary (0x7)
    Partition is ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 2048  Numsec = 407552
    Partition file system is NTFS
    Partition is bootable

Partition 1 type is Primary (0x7)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 409600  Numsec = 1917483008

Partition 2 type is Primary (0x7)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 1917892608  Numsec = 35420160

Partition 3 type is Other (0xc)
    Partition is NOT ACTIVE.
    Partition starts at LBA: 1953312768  Numsec = 210352

Disk Size: 1000204886016 bytes
Sector size: 512 bytes

Scanning physical sectors of unpartitioned space on drive 0 (1-2047-1953505168-1953525168)...
Done!
Performing system, memory and registry scan...
Infected: c:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-18\$96f3d1ab420038c7466132f7fdef6143 --> [Trojan.Siredef.C]
Infected: c:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1193389188-1243022491-604975418-1000\$96f3d1ab420038c7466132f7fdef6143 --> [Trojan.Siredef.C]
Done!
Scan finished
=======================================

Rkill 2.4.8 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 05/14/2013 03:55:45 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* FontCache => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService [Incorrect ImagePath]

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 05/14/2013 03:55:55 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 9 seconds(s)

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,250 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

You have some signs of ZeroAccess rootkit.

That will require elevated help.

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 TAB4

TAB4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I completed the steps recommended above and have started a topic in malware removal as instructed --- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494611/zero-access-rootkit-cant-reinstall-microsoft-security-essentials/

Your last instruction concerning Step One -- do you mean step one in the prep guide which is "backup your data"?

Thank you again for your help!

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,250 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users