Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blb1

blb1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi there

I'm having multiple problems and the one above has come up today as I was looking into how to enable automatic TomTom connection and also Alfa wifi.  The Alfa keeps saying that Relatek driver is not connected.  Diagnostics keep coming up with different reasons and the one above is the latest.  It varies daily and I need some advice as it is soul destroying.  Is someone can help I would be most grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

FWIW:  You should never...use Windows Update for drivers.  If the system is an OEM/name brand system (e.g., HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) you should get drivers for the system from the respective system manufacturer's websitel.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users