Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 kingjab

kingjab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

alright i just got a new hard drive, tried replacing the sata cable, i dont see any 8 GB ram that is good with my motherboard but mine are corsair 1600. sorry for really late reply just got tired of nothing working on old hard drive, i can rule it out though since its doing the exact same thing.. also having problems with programs starting up then just stopping.. or downloads just stopping.. im really hoping i can still fix this, and it couldnt be my proccessor doing all this right?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hi

Why did you replaced the hard drive ?. Is it failed the diagnostic test ?

What about the RAM test ? . Like i said in the previous post, all your issues are started after upgrading the RAM. So there is a strong chance that either the modules are incompatible or one of them might be faulty. If you still have the old modules in hand, try them first. If not, unplug one of the new module and run the system with only one of them plugged at a time.

#33 kingjab

kingjab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

i replaced the hard drive because someone gave me a new one that had a lot more space than my older one. Sorry i thought i said this earlier, but it happened even with my old ram installed. i did the  Ram test and both running windows and booting from MEM test cd it showed that both ram sticks are good though when i was watching the voltage and everything during the tests i noticed it jumped wildly on the 12v anywhere from 11.987 to 12.6 (not sure if that helps). 

#34 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hi

So basically you are experiencing BSOD even after replacing RAM, HDD and re-installing the OS. That leaves SMPS, Motherboard and CPU on the hardware part. If it is a hardware issue, one of them might be the culprit. Unfortunately there is no rock solid way to test hardware parts without physically swapping them. Especially in case of motherboard and SMPS, swapping with another unit is necessary.

Considering the age of your system, It looks like your motherboard, CPU and SMPS are still under warranty. I suggest to replace them all using RMA (return material authorization ) to eliminate the faulty component.

Before that, do the following steps and check if it makes any difference.

1 ) Remove AVG completely.

AVG is one of the frequent Windows crashing antivirus program. Remove it at least for testing. To remove it properly, use the official removal tool from the below link.

http://www.avg.com/in-en/utilities

This utility will remove AVG without leaving any remnants.

2 ) Update the AMD chipset driver from the below link.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe

If you are still experiencing blue screens after the above steps, try to get the SMPS, MoBo and CPU replaced under warranty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users