Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Virus Removal - No Safe Mode, All Work Done On Infected Computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Too L8 2 Run

Too L8 2 Run

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

***before wasting your time reading this, I'm running Vista and don't know if it will work on XP or earlier systems***

Hi guys, I am by no means a tech expert. So do the following at your own risk.

About a month ago I contracted internet AIDS. The FBI virus is the worst virus I've ever had on my computer, and it did some serious damage. It even messed with my Xbox live account by tampering with my payment methods. Luckily, they weren't credit cards. If you have any access to credit cards from your computer I suggest removing them immediately upon contracting this virus. I can't remember how the virus started but I did notice some differences, and my Xbox Live account became unusable before my computer did. One day it randomly popped up on my computer and it became what I thought to be almost useless. I could only log in for about 30 seconds before the virus popped up. I wasn't thinking and left it plugged in (I don't know if this made a difference - as I said I'm no expert) for a couple weeks and then I couldn't even get to the desktop like I could before. When I started the computer and pressed F8 and selected 'Repair Computer' and tried logging in as the administrator, my password had been changed. When I tried starting it in safe mode, it logged in, logged off, shut down, restarted, and logged back in normally right away. Then the virus would pop up. After a while the virus just stopped popping up and my computer would white screen, giving me absolutely no control with my mouse. However, it didn't disable the keyboard. I'm running Windows Vista, and I'm not sure if this works on another operating system simply because of the display menu.

How I fixed:

- logged in normally without safe mode and was greeted with my aforementioned white screen.

- pressed CTRL + ALT + Delete to go back to the (options?) screen where it gave me the option to log off, switch user, lock computer, etc.

- on this screen in the bottom left hand corner is an "Ease of Access" button. Click on this.

- a white box will pop up with options. select "on-screen keyboard" and click apply.

- from here either switch user and log back in or press task manager, it shouldn't make a difference. just get logged back in

- you should now have the on screen keyboard. on the keyboard, click help in the bottom right hand corner

- the help box will pop up and in the bottom right hand corner it should say "offline help". switch this to "online help".

- it will ask you a couple questions that you can just skim through, and at the end (or maybe beginning, I don't remember) you can click on "read the privacy statement online."

- you now have access to the internet. be careful of where you go as the virus will white screen you again and you may have to repeat the process

- I went to Google, typed in Malwarebytes download, and began the free download as you normally would. 

- I was able to begin the setup, but not start the download before I got white screened again.

- from here, I pressed CTRL + ALT + Delete again and was brought back to the (options?) menu.

- I clicked log off, and thankfully my computer still had a little bit of a mind of its own.

- a screen popped up that said I still had 3 programs running, 1 of which was the download for Malwarebytes. it asked me if I wanted to log off and I clicked cancel.

- you should now have your computer desktop back! however, I didn't touch anything but the Malwarebytes download, finished downloading, and ran the scan. It only found 2 infected files, though. So I'm not 100% sure the virus is off my computer. This thread was just for you to get your computer functioning back. 

I Hope This Helped!

Edited by Too L8 2 Run, 28 April 2013 - 09:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users