Chrome is a bit of a nuisance so let's try to deal with this without having to get rid of it altogether , (if you want to keep it)
Reset Chrome’s home page:
OTL doesn’t fix the Chrome home page so we need to do it manually:
- open Google Chrome
- click on the Customize icon , at the top right
- click on Settings
- under “On start-up”, check Open a specific page or set of pages and then on Set pages
- delete any pages that you don’t want
- set your start page to the page you want, eg www.google.com.
Once you have typed in the address in the 'Open this page' box, this change is saved. If you close this tab and click on the home icon you should now get your home page.
Run ESET Online Scan
IMPORTANT Please make sure you uncheck the box next to Remove found threats. Eset will detect anything that looks even slightly suspicious, which could include legitimate program files. If you do not uncheck the box, Eset will automatically remove all suspicious files which could leave some of your software inoperable.
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read [url="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html"]here[/url].
Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- click the Eset online Scanner button.
- for alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
o click on esetinstaller.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
o double click on the Eset installer icon on your desktop.
- click the Start button.
- accept any security warnings from your browser.
- check Scan archives and and Remove found threats.
- click Advanced settings and select the following:
o Scan potentially unwanted applications
o Scan for potentially unsafe applications
o Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- when the scan completes, push List of found threats
- push Export to Text file and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
[color="#FF0000"]Note - if ESET doesn't find any threats, no report will be created.
- push the back button.
- push Finish
If a log has been produced post it in your next reply.
Edited by satchfan, 04 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.