Recently my laptop has been running a bit slower than usual for the past few days. I don't know if it is because my computer is infected or because there is too much programs running at the same time? I am convinced it might be a rootkit hiding in my computer very well. I tried using the anti-root kit from malwarebytes but it kept saying "system volume seems inaccessible or encrypted. Scan can't continue." What is the problem here?
BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
You can press escape or click on the X to close this box.
Computer running slow
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM
Hello koolade, Lets get a look.
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Please Download TDSSkiller
Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system
Click on "Scan".
Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)
Do not change the default options on scan results.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
•Close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Delete.
•Confirm each time with Ok.
•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Now I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on [url="http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe"]esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe[/url] to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the
icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
BleepingComputer is being sued by the creators of SpyHunter. Help us defend our right of Free Speech!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users