Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cnet links blocked by Chrome extension?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Been using Google Chrome for awhile now, and I suddenly cannot open or download files from any Cnet links. Chrome says that "This webpage was blocked by an extension", but which one? I want to enable it if possible, just for that website. I gots to download! >:D

which one could be the culprit? and how should i fix?:

Ghostery

ScriptSafe

Avast! WebRep

AdBlock Plus

WOT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyrus not the Virus

Cyrus not the Virus

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hi curious mew,

Leave WOT and AdBlock  Plus out.

Disable the extension by checking the right hand Enable box to stop running the 3 remaining items.

Test 1 by 1  to  know which is the culprit.

The link may be infected.

Warning before downloading of files from any Cnet links is good.

Trust me. My laptop which is now totally rendered corrupt was infected from CNET on 28th Dec.2012.

CNET could not care if ppl left malware in the free to try and trial period  programs  in their system

I did not even download anything and only read the program review. My laptop was infected.

All my browsers will leave a  html command line promoting the program and auto updating of the command line whenever I am online.

Edited by Cyrus not the Virus, 21 April 2013 - 05:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users