Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This website has been blocked for you! Browser Hijacker + Problem with HOST file

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Google Says

Google Says

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello guys, I am new here. Been having problems with some sort of browser hijacker/trojan that is stopping me from accessing popular websites such as facebook and youtube, and I am hoping some kind soul will be able to help me.

I have scanned the computer thoroughly with much antivirus software in safe mode and cleaned all found infections but the problem just continues.

All browsers are affected, when I open internet explorer I am always redirected to the same page - some sort of survey with the following text This website has been blocked for you!

"This website has been blocked because of your recent activity. Your actions have been marked as spam bot like, to visit this website again follow instructions on the left. This is made for security reasons. Please take your time to go through the verification process to restore you access to blocked websites, thank you for your time!"

The infection doesnt show on any antivirus software, so I think it is gone but has modified my HOST file in some way so I keep getting redirected and I can't open or edit the HOST file to check it.

Please please help, I am forever greatful.   Thank you        :clapping:  

EDIT - FIXED. Trojan changed access settings to HOST file, Ran hosts-perm.bat to reset settings to default. Can now finally edit HOST file but cannot save as. I have simpley deleted it and restored a fresh copy - Works a treat! Clever me.

Edited by Google Says, 17 April 2013 - 08:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users