Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working and laptop cursor won't move

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sseccajd

sseccajd

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

When I get to the sign in screen on my Windows 7 Home Premium I am completely stuck and get do anything?  I can't even connect a USB mouse and move the cursor its stuck right smack in the middle?  

I am thinking it could be the drivers, but then I don't know?  

What could it be and how do I fix this?

I can't TAB, I can't Crtl+Alt+Del I can't Esc. 

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Do you mean stuck or freezes on the login password screen? Have you tried running it in safemode and does it freezes also when your only in the BIOS utility or setup? Any noticeable changes, updates before it occured? It's also possible that there is a hard drive problem in your case.

Tekken

#3 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

It doesn't look "froze"  it just doesn't let me use the keyboard/cursor  it doesn't lag or anything like that it turns on fine.  To turn it off I have to hold down power basically...

i am in safe mode right now & keyboard/cursor are fine  --perfectly actually...

what should i do while in safe mode?

Thanks!

Edited by sseccajd, 10 April 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,161 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

I presume this is a desktop. Please post the computer model/brand next time. Go to device manager and look for any flags or marks specifically on the keyboards and mouse devices. Please post what are the information shown under Keyboards and Mouse after expanding them.

Tekken

#5 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

This is a laptop it's a HP G62-140US.   While in safe mode its asking for the password but I don't know it is there a way to bypass it or retrieve it?

I also did a harddrive check in the BIOS and the hard drive passed the test.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,161 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

While in safe mode its asking for the password but I don't know it is there a way to bypass it or retrieve it?

I don't understand this... If the computer is set to be password protected by the user (You) on bootup, then the normal and safemode would take you to the same login screen which you would use the same password key to be able to log into windows. In order to turn this off, go to control panel - UAC. If this problem comes from a possible corrupted profile, try making a new user account.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users