Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook pro won't start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nat_ba

Nat_ba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Dear all,

My partner has a Macbook pro, bought in 2009. It has been working well over the years. It has now really started slowing down, even after moving a great deal of info onto an external hard drive and icloud. She still have some personal emails, and documents (work related) that I don't think should be taking up enough space to cause any issues.

It then started to freeze when using skype. When using chrome sometimes it would quits unexpectedly then freeze. It can sometimes just sort itself out after being left a while, but over time only a reboot will get the computer working again.

This morning it crashed, and after going through the same procedures of giving it time , rebooting and giving it more time, it's still on the white start up screen with the rotating icon.

I'm sure its probably a software problem, but wondering now, that if she can't seem to even log on, how can we fix this? I have a PC so I'm not sure if I can use her computer to enter mine either.

I'm not very good with computers, I can sort out the normal mundane software issues, but mostly through just following instructions. So If you could please help in sorting this out, much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Look at these articles. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2570

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Dear all,

My partner has a Macbook pro, bought in 2009. It has been working well over the years. It has now really started slowing down, even after moving a great deal of info onto an external hard drive and icloud. She still have some personal emails, and documents (work related) that I don't think should be taking up enough space to cause any issues.

It then started to freeze when using skype. When using chrome sometimes it would quits unexpectedly then freeze. It can sometimes just sort itself out after being left a while, but over time only a reboot will get the computer working again.

This morning it crashed, and after going through the same procedures of giving it time , rebooting and giving it more time, it's still on the white start up screen with the rotating icon.

I'm sure its probably a software problem, but wondering now, that if she can't seem to even log on, how can we fix this? I have a PC so I'm not sure if I can use her computer to enter mine either.

I'm not very good with computers, I can sort out the normal mundane software issues, but mostly through just following instructions. So If you could please help in sorting this out, much appreciated.

If it was bought in 2009, then it should have come with a re-install/recovery optical disc (i.e. CD/DVD).  If you still have that disc, then you can try booting from it and see if it will fully boot.

[soapbox] backup = good...no backup = bad[/soapbox]

Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice or in response to my reply to your topic/issue. Instead, please post your reply to the forums. This is because there maybe more than just me trying to help you AND it ensures that any solutions to your issue are there in the original topic for others to learn from in the future.

The Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide
Bleeping Computer Forum Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users