BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
You can press escape or click on the X to close this box.
HijackThis Log: Please help Diagnose - Virtumonde
Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:08 AM
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:31 AM
Please download DDS from either of these links
and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection
- Double click dds to run the tool.
- When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
- You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well
Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:59 AM
Thank you for your reply, files attached as requested
Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:17 PM
Refer to the ComboFix User's Guide
- Download ComboFix from the following location:
* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
- Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.
- NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.
Please download TDSSKiller.zip
- Extract it to your desktop
- Double click TDSSKiller.exe
- when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
- under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
- click OK
- Press Start Scan
- If Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
- If TDLFS File System/TDSS File system is found then ensure Cure is selected (if cure is not available, choose skip)
- Then click Continue > Reboot now
- Copy and paste the log in your next reply
- A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)
Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:08 AM
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
- Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
- Run AdwCleaner and select Delete
- Once done it will ask to reboot, allow the reboot
- On reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next reply
- Please open your MalwareBytes AntiMalware Program
- Click the Update Tab and search for updates
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <-- very important
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Go here to run an online scanner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activeX control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
- Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- When the scan completes, press the LIST OF THREATS FOUND button
- Press EXPORT TO TEXT FILE , name the file ESETSCAN and save it to your desktop
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Press the BACK button.
- Press Finish
Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:04 PM
please find attached files
Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:27 PM
Java 6 Update 17 (64-bit)
now clear your Java cache
Click Start > Control Panel.
Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
- Delete Files
- View Applications
- View Applets
Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
Visit ADOBE and download the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version XI)
Having the latest updates ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.
Please advise how the computer is running now and if there are any outstanding issues
Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:24 PM
Please do the following:
You can delete the DDS, JRT, TDSSKiller and aswMBR logs and programs from your desktop.
Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix
- Make sure your security programs are totally disabled.
- Press the WinKey +R to open a run box
- Now copy/paste Combofix /uninstall into the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the ..X and the /U, it needs to be there.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Confirm with yes.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
- It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection. Refer to this Microsoft article
Strong passwords: How to create and use them Then consider a password keeper, to keep all your passwords safe. KeePass is a small utility that allows you to manage all your passwords.
- Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
- Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- Download TFC to your desktop
- Close any open windows.
- Double click the TFC icon to run the program
- TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
- Click the Start button to begin the process.
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
- The program should not take long to finish it's job
- Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
- if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
- WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
- Green to go
- Yellow for caution
- Red to stop
- Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.
- In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'd like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at these well written articles:
PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.
- Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
Please respond one last time so we can consider the thread resolved and close it, thank-you.
Edited by CatByte, 08 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.
Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:44 AM
I've carried out all the steps in your last message. All seems well and I feel we can consider this thread resolved
Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:08 PM
Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:09 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users