Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexpore.exe eroor message-can't use the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computilliterate

computilliterate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I can't open the internet on my HP laptop, (G60-635DX Notebook) I use windows 7. I have tried in safe mode, still doesn't work. The error message reads "The ordinal 701 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll." The error occured when I installed the latest microsoft update. The last time this happened I just restored my computer to before I installed the update and it worked just fine. I shut down my computer last night and it did the update again automatically, and now the internet will not work again. I tried running a security scan, the quick one, and it didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.

Edited by computilliterate, 05 April 2013 - 08:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computilliterate

computilliterate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well, now I can't even get into safe mode at all and a new error message surfaced, it reads "The ordinal 139 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" with a window behid it with the heading, LTCM Client, that reads "Attempted an unsupported operation" if anyone can help please.....thank you

Edited by computilliterate, 05 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#3 computilliterate

computilliterate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Well I restored it to a point that I am able to use. I am afraid to restart it though for it will install those updates that make the computer not work at all. Any advice is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users