Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VLC Media Player wont play dvds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LizardDown

LizardDown

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi

VLC media player will play the audio to DVDs but the video will be a bunch of horizontal lines, the last DVD i tried showed this error

Playback failure:

VLC cannot set the DVD's title. It possibly cannot decrypt the entire disc.

Also can it play region 2 DVDs if I am in region 4, and if not how can i get it to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by LizardDown, 30 March 2013 - 08:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

In theory Your DVD drive should need to be set to the region of the DVD. The drives have a limited amount of region changes too.

I have always used DVD playing software to play a DVD on the computer. I use VLC for everything else of course.

Generally speaking I use a region free stand alone DVD Player connected to the TV to play DVDs.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

July 87, August ?

#3 LizardDown

LizardDown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for the help, is there a free DVD ripping program that you know of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users