Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP installation: grpconv.exe cannot access ... 98 theme look

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I finally managed to install Windows XP 32bit on my old laptop with the same CD as used on every other PC in the house without errors. 

During the Windows installation step this came up 
Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the approperiate permissions to access the item

C:\Windows\System32\grpconv.exe 

When booted up the PC first time the login was different....  and the pc used 98 theme as default. Upon any attempt to change anything this came up

C:\DPsFnshr.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the approperiate permissions to access the item

What the hell is going on................ 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

What service pack is the CD?

#3 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

What service pack is the CD?

Service Pack 3 as of 2010 with updates i think. Worked like a charm before but i managed to install W7 without errors so i dont know what caused this 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users