Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox problem after installing and running Wise Care 365.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 linbybag

linbybag

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Having read good reports about the Wise Cleaner 365 I downloaded the application and ran the scan with the default settings following the instructions.

Since then Firefox has stopped displaying the Yahoo.co.uk homepage correctly (ie no pictures and all text forms a very long string to the left of the page). This is unique to the UK page as the U.S. page displays correctly. eBay also doesn't display correctly and the UK radioplayer just displays as loading when a station is selected. It seems to have affected all 'live streaming' sites that I normally visit.

Internet explorer has not been affected in any way as far as I can see. As I am no computer expert your help and advice would be greatly appreciated as I find this very annoying.

Thank you in anticipation for any help and advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charlie O

Charlie O

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

I also have the same issue with Wisecare 365.

What bothers me most is Youtube pages and ATT mail  pages display incorrectly.

I have no problems with Chrome.

If this is a common issue, I would like to hear from others having same problems.

Also, Wisecare 360, please take note of this and FIX the problem with Firefox.

#3 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

First of all I hope you made a restore point before installing. If you did then do a system restore. Also I hope this download was not done through CNET because of

bundled 'crap' , et al, from that site. Their reputation is not really good, in my opinion.

I would immediately uninstall. I would also uninstall Firefox then reinstall.

Any product that advertises that it will clean and optimize registry sends 'red flags' a flying

Many things have been written about these types of programs and have yet to see one that isn't dubious at best.

Regards...................

Edited by sikntired, 25 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users