Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus opens new tabs at random times

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ktulu

Ktulu

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Well I just installed windows 8 a while back (legit copy). While browsing the web with IE a new tab opened saying there are harmful processes on my computer. Well I managed to take a couple of screen shots of those webpages. I've tried to keep windows 8 updated but the internet speeds have been really slow here where I am and haven't updated it in a while. I updated windows defender and installed spybot search and destroy and mbam and updated those and ran them in safe mode but no viruses showed up.

viruswebpage2.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

tds2.jpg

• Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file systemDo not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)
  • If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

2012081514h0118.png

• Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

• If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwise
  • Click Continue

tds6.jpg

• Click Reboot computer
  • Please post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply

===================================================

aswMBR

--------------------

• Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
  • Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.
  • If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.
  • Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

aswMBR1.png
  • When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

aswMBR2.png
  • Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

ESET Online Scanner

--------------------

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normal

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png  button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon on your desktop.

esetsmartinstaller_enu.png

• Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:

• Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Copy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. :thumbsup2:

• TDSSKiller log
  • aswMBR log
  • ESET results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users