Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I used combofix now computer wont turn on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 baseball6190

baseball6190

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

the combofix was running then it restarted and told me not to restart my computer by myself let combo fix do it. then i have 3 options to start windows normally and then a blue screen error pops up. the other option is i think was windows fix or something and it asks me witch i want to start and i pick the option 1 the only option then nothing happens. the 3rd option sais do not use de-bugger open. please help me im not on that computer.!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 32,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Are you able to get into Safe Mode?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 baseball6190

baseball6190
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

No im not it.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 32,864 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thank you for answering.  I'll alert those who specialize in unbootable computers.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hopefully it's just your Master Boot Record that's corrupt.  You can try booting from your installation CD and entering the recovery console. At the prompt type "fixmbr". This will write a new boot record to the computer. Take the CD out and reboot and I hope like you that your computer restarts. If you Google this topic "How to repair MBR" you'll find much expert advise, even some coming directly from Microsoft.

#6 baseball6190

baseball6190
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

thank you im gonna try now i appreciate it.

#7 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Just an addition to the above post, you can also try running chkdsk. This will check the disk for errors. If none of these work, unfortunately a system file that windows requires to boot may have been removed. This can be an easy fix, try running the install CD-ROM and selecting repair install. This should replace any missing critical files. These are the only suggestions I can think of. Hopefully I have assisted you in the matter.

- Agglomerate

#8 baseball6190

baseball6190
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

tried the fixmbr and it didnt work.. it keeps bringing me back to the same three options 1. windows recovery center or console. the 2. do not choose this option (debugger turned on) and the 3. start windows normally and ai choose that and the blue screen just pops up i tried fixmbr in the first option and nothing changed...

#9 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 14,116 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hi baseball6190,

We can try to roll this back, but first, what is the code of the Blue Screen?  E.g., you should see something like STOP 0x000007B and maybe some text like BAD_POOL_CALLER right after it.  Are you able to see the error message on the screen?  If so, what is it?

-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

unite_teal.png
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#10 baseball6190

baseball6190
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

i have to unplug this computer and try it again i think it was just numbers ill get it for you

#11 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• 14,116 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

OK, please let me know the STOP code that will have 0x then 8 numbers/letters after it and we'll go from there.

-etavares

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

unite_teal.png

#12 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• 14,116 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

unite_teal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users