Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mhess2788

Mhess2788

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hello, :hello:

I am currently having problems with what seems to be a redirect virus advertising malware and virus removal programs.  This does not happen when I use IE.  I have already run malabytes and the scan said that no threats were found.  I would greatly appreciate help with removing this virus.    

These are my current system properties:

Windows 7 Professional

Dell Latitude D630 image: 02/22/2010
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7100 @  1.80GHz  1.80GHz
System Type: 32-Bit Operating System

Many Thanks!!

Edited by bloopie, 02 March 2013 - 10:55 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved to the Aii forum due to the lack of logs posted. ~bloopie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mhess2788

Mhess2788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I forgot to mention in my first post that the redirect is to a page that is called "myapptools.info" and the url is:

http://onlinefwd.com/results/Free_Virus_Scan/?domain=mytoolsapp.info&fp=sBQnH3jizMW9N2kRZ6XpsizILNV1v3LmIcU%2BuSuWiWb1CP84vV9LpFDbmF5k%2BXMLOHWhHMydqgG4fw8cXz04DYlfWCXtrUkaaQQWIfG8AtU5mF%2BBlAvq3IKBBu68q3oAU%2BVbAWK7I%2FOndzYjMmEReve2NG%2FmFHGXdwOdPosl6hmx0fbxX50bg5uEI1W%2FqYMn&kp=1&prvtof=YRIS0GsoC8jcMrLvIAW%2BFIXZxYrv4xju7B4rxasuOzp4dIxaeEjq%2BHSY%2BRuNrWss2OU7cI03vkN6sdxPQMwgNz3diBo%2Btq5ri4qp4nhqypM%3D&cifr=1&&kt=210&&kbc=411&ki=11681327&ktd=0

I don't know if this is helpful?

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

• Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file systemDo not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)
  • If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

• Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

• If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwise
  • Click Continue

• Click Reboot computer
  • Please post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply

===================================================

aswMBR

--------------------

• Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
  • Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.
  • If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.
  • Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

• When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

• Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

ESET Online Scanner

--------------------

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normal

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the   button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon on your desktop.

• Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:

• Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Copy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. :thumbsup2:

• TDSSKiller log
  • aswMBR log
  • ESET results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users