Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UBCD4WIN question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikesr25

mikesr25

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have an UBCD4WIN I made with my old xp os. Will that disk work on a laptop running windows 7? I know somebody who has a laptop with windows 7 but they forget the password to login. I've used the UBCD4WIN on xp computers in the past for forgotten passwords but I've never tried it on windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I can only list their FAQ and let you read about it -
Never used it so I can not give advice - Others may have -

#3 G4JC

G4JC

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

UBCD4WIN is useless for newer computers. I wish they'd make a new version - it was very useful...
Regarding password recovery - you may want to have a look at this LiveCD. It is very fast and works on all Windows versions except for Windows 8, although I'm sure they're working on that too.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have not tried this but might be worth reading   http://www.windows7download.com/win7-ubcd4win/gcvmqjdj.html

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 mikesr25

mikesr25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hey, thanks for the fast responses. I'll check those out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users