Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winpatrol stops working, uninstall problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Things are going fine for me for the most part, but the past day or so, Winpatrol has started freezing on me. It starts out working okay when I boot up, and goes okay for a few minutes. But, eventually, it barks and throws up a message about Google Update-I think it may be because I installed Picasa, but IDK, I did get rid of it becuase it wasn't what I was looking for in photo editing, but I'm not sure if it'll do it again, since I still have Google Earth installed. When I click to allow the update program, I get a Windows message that Winpatrol stopped working, they'll notify me of a fix.

Can certain programs/their updates make it freeze? Or could something else do it? I just ran my scans, so I know I'm clean. I did email Winpatrol support, so I'll also see what they say, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

For the record, I'm on a Dell Inspiron laptop that's about a year old, running Windows 7 with the latest service packs.

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2013 - 08:36 PM.
Moved topic from AV, Firewall to Am i Infected - Hamluis.

Was using Firefox...until Chrome took over.

One God, One Truth, One Savior-Jesus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Terry Mullins

Terry Mullins

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Read this:

http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2013/02/winpatrol-crash-reported-solution.html

Many have reported this issue - they are working on a fix.

Terry

#3 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

OK, thanks.

#4 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Paint.net problems also.

Is there a way to uninstall this completely? I admit to screwing up the uninstall and I didn't use the uninstall feature in my control panel. Now, most of the program is gone, but the last bits of it are still listed in the program list. I tried uninstall, but I fear I deleted some of the necessary stuff by mistake, and it says it can't uninstall. Re-installing to do it properly won't work either, the installer can't remove the old version and says 'fatal error'.

Thanks

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#5 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Sorry. Anyway it's all solved now.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 65,367 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

BleepingComputer is being sued by the creators of SpyHunter. Help us defend our right of Free Speech!

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users