Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attempting to Repair discontinued LCD Controller

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I got hold of an 22" LCD monitor, GNR TS2200W to be exact, for a very cheap price of £30 - being sold as 'broken' online I bought it and quickly found the problem after popping open the screen
u5J6dIU.jpg

As is blatantly obvious, the LCD controller board has been through the wars!

I did get the display working for a few hours, with magic, and it was perfect, so now my mission, Get the board fixed.
My only query, - Am I able to buy a new board for a discontinued LCD monitor if i'm laughed out a computer repair shop?
I'll keep updating with my progress with the screen!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

LOL! Been there done that.

Do you have a part# for the board? Should be along an edge.  I'll check my sources here in the US.

James

#3 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

is this what you're after? 
7sml2UN.jpg

#4 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 18,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

How are your language skills?

Googling MB-N68665-DTK tunred up this.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yep, all I can find though are revision 1.6 boards (yours is 1.5) so the part number you search for is BLM17B2M10116 not BLM17B2M10115.

I see them from companies in Asia for around $30-$40 US but I don't know what shipping would be.

None of my guys have it but I haven't heard back from a few yet.

Will a revision 1.6 board work to replace the revision 1.5 board? Probably, but you never know with this stuff so I wouldn't pay too much for it. I'd gamble $50US on it. But that's me, Mr Vegas, they call me :)

Hope this helps.

James

#6 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 18,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Is $18.75 worth the chance that it will work.

taobao agent english-System MW22B Series drive MB-N68665-DTK BLM17B2M10116 REV:1.6

This site has a picture of the board, you can take a look and see if it is the same as yours.

If you click on the picture it enlarges and you can scroll vertically and horizontally to view the entire board.

If nothing else it looks like you can cannibalize the board for the broken part.

Edited by dc3, 28 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#7 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

i took my current board to a computer shop, they're 'pricing it up' and going to tell me what it would be to repair it, Anything over £20 and I'll tell them to leave it for now, and try ordering the board you suggested - worth a gamble for around £12 delivered! 

Edited by kingsweeting1, 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#8 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Woah! 4 months since I last posted, Well I haven't actually had much progress with this, I did take it to go and see what It would cost to be re-soldered, but the shop owner took my board and 4 months later still hasn't called always saying 'I'll call you next week' - Anyway, I took the advice you all gave me and ordered the board, luckly I had a full photo of the board, and using some photoshop-ery I checked if all the numbers matched on the board and all the components were the same. They are! 429880_10151519112330674_493213769_n.jpg

Board will be coming within 15-35 days! I'll upload images of my repair, fingers crossed, thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users