Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reset Statistics in freecell. Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jmtjet

jmtjet

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I checked the games forum. This problem just didn't seem right to post there. I like to play freecell. In all past versions of freecell it was a simple matter to reset the stats to zero. But not in Windows 8. I've searched the internet and can't find an answer. But did find a whole lot of people asking the same question. Does anyone know how to reset the stats?

Note: If I've posted this question in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baggie

Baggie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

The only way I found is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Doesn't take too long and at least it WORKS !!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

Aussie Addict

• Members
  • 8,837 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

This should be the same as in Windows 7 -

Top Left side > Click Game > Down to Statistics > 2 options and one of them is Reset the other one is Close -

Try that

Thank You -

- Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium Toshiba Laptop - Avant and user of Internet Explorer Browsers  - And I Use GOOGLE-

~ Remember to Press F5 as you may already have an answer waiting for you ..... If not .....The answer is always 42, or Reboot ~

#4 jmtjet

jmtjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. But I'm unable to find the statistics option you mention in your reply noknojon. Do you mean "top left side" on the metro screen?

#5 noknojon

noknojon

Aussie Addict

• Members
  • 8,837 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for the replies. But I'm unable to find the statistics option you mention in your reply noknojon. Do you mean "top left side" on the metro screen?

I mean the top left side of the Game - Mine has 2 items Game and Help, so I mean these items.

What do you have listed across the top of the actual Game ............ If the game has no "header" press the ALT key.

Thank You -

- Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium Toshiba Laptop - Avant and user of Internet Explorer Browsers  - And I Use GOOGLE-

~ Remember to Press F5 as you may already have an answer waiting for you ..... If not .....The answer is always 42, or Reboot ~

#6 jmtjet

jmtjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Nope, there's no options on the top left top side of the game and the ALT key doesn't help. Across the top of the game there's nothing. A right click opens a header and footer bar, but no option to reset stats.  Thanks for your help.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

Aussie Addict

• Members
  • 8,837 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Restoring classic Windows Games
How to Geek
Both of these sites offer ideas for you to use the older versions on Windows 8.

It takes a bit of work, but thay is up to you -

EDITED for new links -

Edited by noknojon, 12 June 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Thank You -

#8 jmtjet

jmtjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Good find noknojon, thanks. I'll get at making the change later today. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users