Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turning SWF file into MP4

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hi

I have a swf video file that I want to convert to a format that can be placed on a website and can be streamed?

How can I do this?

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by AndrewSe, 27 February 2013 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Freeware: Any Video Converter:

How to Enable MP4 Streaming with this free program:

#3 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Great i'll try that out

Thanks

#4 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Unfortunately that didn't work, it did convert but the video was not captured right.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Try this http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/converter/video/swf-video-converter.htm Make sure to uncheck any unwanted toolbars during the installation process.

Tekken

#6 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Try this http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/converter/video/swf-video-converter.htm Make sure to uncheck any unwanted toolbars during the installation process.

I tried that one already and I think all I got was sound and no video

Thanks for trying to help though

#7 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

I tried avs4you.com and the converter said my file had nor video when I tries to load it. The exact message was:

The following errors occured while opening the file: MyFile.swf does not contain any video

Also when I tried to open it from AVS the open dialog was not showing the file when file type was on all video files. I had to change it to all files. Wondering why my system (XP SP3) is not recognising swf as a video file?

Technically speaking is a SWF a video file, i'd imagine so as it has video in it.

G

Edited by AndrewSe, 02 March 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

If none of the recommended freeware programs convert SWF successfully (and there are no further suggestions) and you do not want to buy a program, which may or may not work, you could perhaps record the file from your screen and then do a conversion from .AVI to MP4, with one of the programs previously mentioned.

Camstudio is freeware and saves in .AVI format (resulting in large files) (and also swf, as it happens).
May be an acceptable workaround.  

(I have used it in the past for small files, i.e. not longer than about 3 mins video, so I don't know how it would handle large files).

#9 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

If none of the recommended freeware programs convert SWF successfully (and there are no further suggestions) and you do not want to buy a program, which may or may not work, you could perhaps record the file from your screen and then do a conversion from .AVI to MP4, with one of the programs previously mentioned.

Camstudio is freeware and saves in .AVI format (resulting in large files) (and also swf, as it happens).
May be an acceptable workaround.  

(I have used it in the past for small files, i.e. not longer than about 3 mins video, so I don't know how it would handle large files).

I already have camtasia and tried recording it but the sound is rubbish even at full volume once it is passed through the recording. I could put the mic right up to the speaker but the fan noise of the laptop comes through. Not sure if there is some way of recording the sound file or splitting it from the video then joining it up again.

Because every free version converter I tried doesn't work I would be very reluctant to spend the $30 or so dollars on another converter and then find it doesn't convert.

G

Edited by AndrewSe, 02 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#10 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Well, CAMSTUDIO is free, your Camtasia is not, as far as I know and when I used Camstudio, I recorded the audio within the program, not by placing the mic in front of the speakers; it was a self contained internal operation, so there was no external noise.

If you downloaded the .SWF initially, is there any other option to download in a different format.

I agree with your last para. 

Have you considered embedding the SWF file on your website - you can Google for examples of the code, unless someone here is able to suggest the code which works for them.

Edited by petewills , 03 March 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#11 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well, CAMSTUDIO is free, your Camtasia is not, as far as I know and when I used Camstudio, I recorded the audio within the program, not by placing the mic in front of the speakers; it was a self contained internal operation, so there was no external noise.

If you downloaded the .SWF initially, is there any other option to download in a different format.

I agree with your last para. 

Have you considered embedding the SWF file on your website - you can Google for examples of the code, unless someone here is able to suggest the code which works for them.

Lol sorry I never noticed you had put camstudio! Got a bit of snow blindness trying to go through all this stuff. I since found out the file is actually not a video file, but is audio with images according to AVS4you converter, that's why none of the converters work.

I hope I can find a way to stream the file on a site with an appropriate player or failing that just use the audio file.

#12 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've now figured out it's impossible to convert this file so I need to capture it with camtasia and record system sounds to make avi or mp4 file.

I have now hit another separate issue with my sound card and will post another thread for this.

#13 godboyty

godboyty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

bvcsoft swf to mp4 converter can help you.it can increase/decrease voume to 75db to 105db and nomalize swf video at the same sound level with high quality.very great,enjoy it!

#14 Sunderlandgreen

Sunderlandgreen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

MP4 provides quicker, faster and high quality media for the Internet users. And the biggest advantage of MP4 format is that it allows fast streaming over the internet. Therefore, it ideal that you choose to convert Shockwave Flash Object to MP4 format for streaming on the Internet.

#15 Elio Bruni

Elio Bruni

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I use dvdvideosoft, too. MP4 Converter is fine for that

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users