Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download error 5:access is denied.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 renosfire

renosfire

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'am trying to download the free download manager from FDM.  I have windows 7 home premium 64-bit, and I have used that manager long ago and liked it, so I will give this a try .  If anyone can tell me why it says set-up unable to create directory "c:\Program Files{x86}\FreeDownloadManager".   Then below:    ERROR5:access is denied.  Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,406 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Is it compatible with Windows 7? Plenty of old programs are not compatible with Windows 7.

#3 renosfire

renosfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

yes, it says it in the system requirements. I wanted to try and figure why it won't work instead of just going somewhere else. I'am trying to understand how the computer works a little deeper, so I thank you upfront for your time, although, this is more about educating me than it is a neccessary piece of software. I can't think of any more helpful descriptions of the action, so I will leave it at that for now.

#4 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  I just downloaded the FDM download manager from Filehippo and installed it without any problem, so we know it isn't a compatibility issue.

There is an article at the Microsoft Support website which sheds some light on the ERROR5:access is denied.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#5 renosfire

renosfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I hope I'am doing this right on the way I have responded.  Now, back to my situation.  I can not restore due to the fact it is my administrator,s account that I can,t open in order to give permission for the activity. Therefore, no new restore point means no new password.

Thanks, but that just won,t work for me.  I really hope perhaps there is some other way besides forking out cash for more disks.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,541 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi, Just guessing but are you right clicking on the installer and selecting run as Administrator?

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

101 @ September 17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users