Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse isn't being recognized by software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

The problem I am having is (I think) a weird one, if I plug my mouse in windows recognizes it and installs their "generic drivers" and I can navigate with it just fine, but when I try to use the software that I downloaded from the website to assign macros and use different profiles, the mouse isn't recognized, in fact I get a message that says "mouse not recognized." This happened to me with another mouse and I assumed it was something wrong with it's software, but I just bought a new one and I am getting the same problem.

The previous mouse was a Cyber Snipa Fierce, the new mouse is an Aivia Krypton. My motherboard is an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 with the latest drivers.

Also I have tried using the different 2.0 ports on the back (I only have 2) and I get the same message with both, I have also tried using the 3.0 ports and I get the same issue. If anyone can help I would really  appreciate it because if I can't get this problem fixed I am going to have to take this mouse back and use some wireless mouse and since I'd like to play games on this computer that's not what I want to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 14,972 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

What operating system are you running?

If this is Windows XP, Vista, or 7, the installation wizard will find any plug and play hardware that hasn't been assigned drivers and will find appropriate native drivers for the device.  If the driver is uninstalled the driver will be reinstalled the next time the computer is booted.  For this reason I have to believe that the driver for your mouse would have to be compatible with your version of Windows.

One thing you can try would be to download the driver again, perhaps there was a problem with the download.

Where are you downloading the driver to, your desktop?

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

#3 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

What operating system are you running?

If this is Windows XP, Vista, or 7, the installation wizard will find any plug and play hardware that hasn't been assigned drivers and will find appropriate native drivers for the device.  If the driver is uninstalled the driver will be reinstalled the next time the computer is booted.  For this reason I have to believe that the driver for your mouse would have to be compatible with your version of Windows.

One thing you can try would be to download the driver again, perhaps there was a problem with the download.

Where are you downloading the driver to, your desktop?

I am running Windows 7 Home premium.  When I went to the Gigabyte website to download the firmware and software I chose the Windows 7 64 bit versions.  I am downloading the firmware (not sure if thats the same as drivers) into the "downloads" folder the same goes for the software execpt it installed a launcher on my desktop and I am using that.  I have deleted and downloaded the firmware and the Ghost software (where you go to assign macros and profiles) a couple different times.  I have also rebooted a few times since them as well, and one of those times I shut down and actually unplugged my computer from the power supply for 5 minutes and it still didnt work.

I just tried using the mouse on my Dell laptop and it work perfectly, the software recognizes the mouse and the firmware installed without a hitch.  This is really confusing, granted I am really new to building computers so working out all these bugs is completely new to me, but how can a mouse work normally in windows but then the mouse software says it's not recognized?

If you have any more questions ask away, and thank you for assisting me.

#4 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 14,972 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Just to be sure here, you are running Windows 7 64-bit?

Have you tried installing the driver from the download folder?  Just double click on it.

Edited by dc3, 24 February 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#5 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just to be sure here, you are running Windows 7 64-bit?

Have you tried installing the driver from the download folder?  Just double click on it.

Yes I am running windows 7 64-bit, and I also tried what you said and it didnt work.  Also through some searching I found a newer version of the software I was using 1.03 and I just found 1.04, but I still have the same problem.  Could this just be some compatability issue that ASRock (my motherboard) hasnt gotten to yet?  I am going to call them on monday and see what I can do, I really appreciate the help dc3 your one of the few people, over many forums, who even replied to this topic, thanks.

#6 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 14,972 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Before you use the mouse are you rebooting after installing the software?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Edited by dc3, 25 February 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#7 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Before you use the mouse are you rebooting after installing the software?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EpRz0OjUJ2KxNTd1GJna3fI

I did the first couple times (I believe I have downloaded it 3 or 4) but after that no, well, not right after, but my computer has been rebooted since the last download.

I know this is WAY off topic but why does Speccy show my memory at 642 mhz?  I bought memory that was 1600mhz.  Thanks again dc3.

#8 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 14,972 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

You should reboot first thing after installing the driver.

This may be helpful to understand your RAM.

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

#9 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

You should reboot first thing after installing the driver.

This may be helpful to understand your RAM.

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

Thanks for the link it cleared some things up.  The memory being at 642 was rather confusing.

Ok I will uninstall/delete and reinstall then reboot to see what that does.

Edited by Dalinkwent, 26 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#10 Dalinkwent

Dalinkwent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

*UPDATE*

I called ASRock and talk to one of their tech guys and he said that the the usb controller sounds faulty so I can just RMA the board.  Thanks for your help dc3 I really appreciate it.

#11 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 14,972 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hope this resolves the issues. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users