Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira won't let me install Adobe flash player?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 648 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

So, I go to weigh in on Weight Watchers online and I'm greeted with a message that says I need Adobe flash player 9 or higher installed in order to use their weight tracker.  I noticed when I booted up that a new version of Adobe had been installed automatically. But no updated flash player?  So, I go to this website:  http://www.downloadinfo.co/review/adobe-flash-player/?kw=adobe%27s+flash+player&subid=DIAFUS&cust=adobe%27s+flash+player&type=flash&gclid=CNumj6K6zLUCFYk7Mgody2QApg&utm_campaign=DIAFUS&fwd=1

and proceed to download the Non IE version since I have google chrome browser.  and I'm greeted by my free Avira antivirus software's message that it's detected an unwanted Adware software and I cannot proceed.  

does anyone have any idea how I get around this? Everything worked fine until Adobe updated the software automatically.

thank you.

(attempted to paste screen shot, not working)

Edited by tobyo, 23 February 2013 - 07:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tremmor

tremmor

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

either right click your virus program and set up rules for this download and installation or temporarily disable the virus program then install.

#3 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

You should be downloading Flashplayer from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Your source was probably adding something else which you don't want.   Better to source software from the developer.  

If you don't want the McAfee scanner remember to deselect it before downloading.

James

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 648 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

You should be downloading Flashplayer from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Your source was probably adding something else which you don't want.   Better to source software from the developer.  

If you don't want the McAfee scanner remember to deselect it before downloading.

yea, guessing that was the problem. tried to view a youtube and clicked on their link to install the flash player and it's the same one you've got. thanks, will go with this one.  appreciate it!!

#5 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 648 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

oh but as I read further, the player has been disabled by google chrome and this link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

tells how to re-enable.  oh the world of technology.....

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 648 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

ugh, this is confusing.  all because Adobe updated automatically I now have more work to do? that link doesn't tell me how to enable it, it looks like I have to download something else just to look at youtubes (and WW and who knows what else...).

what am I missing here?

EDITED: never mind. I didn't type "chrome:plugins" and that is where the "enable" button to click on appeared.

carry on and thanks!

Edited by tobyo, 23 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#7 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi,

Chances are the so called Adobe flash player could be something in Disguise(Are you sure if the website is safe place)

chrome auto updates flash player

BTW you don`t need a separate flash player plugin unless you use IE or Firefox....

Midou

#8 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 648 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

Chances are the so called Adobe flash player could be something in Disguise(Are you sure if the website is safe place)

chrome auto updates flash player

BTW you don`t need a separate flash player plugin unless you use IE or Firefox....

apparently it wasn't and I've already removed the file I downloaded.  what I don't understand is why did Chrome disable that plug-in after Adobe automatically updated? maybe nothing to worry about and I solved the issue.  but thanks for your reply :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users