Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

underneath programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amigo1

amigo1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

this letter  , that I ask for clearing my fundamentals:-

At the software level:-

say we have a lot of information ,

for example we have a variable/ object (anything) called "A" , its attributes are defined , it is being used , accessed from somewhere ---- , but all it boils down to the fact that everything is held in the memory. Again we find structures, (Logical) ,of the various forms of memory like cache memory, RAM, ROM.. We think of stacks, Queue.... when we explain programs ....etc

My question is what is, a variable , or an object or   a  pointer  or a delegate , a method  -->  beneath the vaneer of the logical construct of the memory   .

How does such hundreds of information about a single element , like a pointer, et all ....   are all held in actuality  ----- How does such an avalanche of voltages we carry in a laptop, we drop the laptop (not intentionally ofcourse), or a hard diskdrive  and things do not become explosive ,----- when we code thousands of line ... are for reality....How does the Battery-Health identifies that the battery charging  is needed....... . And how does the O/S  ministering them without getting polarised.

May you name a book / study materials /websites clearing these doubts?

You may even reply with concrete answers, as usual 

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2013 - 07:08 PM.
Moved to Gen Chat from Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 1,436 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hi Amigo,

To get the answers to these questions I think you really need a degree in computing science, and I admire your determination.

I thought I had a couple of textbooks in this area referenced, but the references have gone missing !  Have you tried going to Amazon / Books / Computer Science. ?  They have quite a large number of texts listed there from secondary school to university level, as well as general purpose guides like the 'Dummy's Guide to Computing'.

I wish you well,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 amigo1

amigo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Thank you

Chris Cosgrove