Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email notifications

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris4835

Chris4835

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ever since Bleeping Computer redesigned their website I get hundreds of notifications for posts that I didn't start. How do I stop them? Although I hope I'll get an email notification about this post. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,235 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Notification preferences were reset to defaults when the site was upgraded unfortunately. I tried to fix it for most, but it appears you snuck through.

Click on this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

Make sure By Content Type = Forums and By Section = Forums. You should see a subscribed forum. Unsubscribe to it so you do not see new topic notifications for those subscribed forums.

#3 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Morning Grinler,

It seems I'm experiencing the OPPOSITE problem since the site redesign.

I made a reply to an existing topic post (and clicked on the "Follow this Topic" link).  Then, another person posted after I did, but I never received any email notification of the post.

Any suggestions on this one?

Many thanks!

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,464 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Have you read this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-3/announcement-47-important-please-read-this-important-announcement-regarding-subscription-notifications/

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Hi Blade,

Thanks very much for the info at the link you provided - - I had not seen that.  I've made the changes to my Settings/Notifications.

Best regards!  bounce.gif 

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,464 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Glad to be of service.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users