Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No suitable graphics devices found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greynthewolf

Greynthewolf

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I have an eMachines desktop with windows vista 32bit with a Amd Athelon X2 processor.

Recently I found out that I had rootkit.zeroaccess! on my computer.  I recieved help to remove it from someone on the marjorgeeks.com forum:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=273449

I was successful at removing it, but now I seem to have a few kinks to work out.  The "Before  you post about a problem" thread suggested to post just one problem at a time, so here's the one that I'm gonna start with.

For some reason, whenever I try to play Spider Solitaire, I get this message:

Critical Error:  No suitable graphics devices found

What should I do?

I installed a video card a couple of years ago so I could play games (I can't remember the model). For some reason when I go to Device Manager -> Sound, video, and game controllers all I see is Realtek High Definition Audio.  Am I looking in the right place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I'm studying PC Repair and have learned a few things from my lessons and also from getting help removing malware, so I know a little.  I hope this report on my computer hardware is helpful.

[attachment=135433:System Report.txt]

One quick question:  When using the memory diagnostic tool, should it make a report even if there isn't any problems?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

According to that System report you have a " Video Adapter  NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT"

This page should have the drivers you need. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-314.07-whql-driver.html And this link should be the driver. Just download it to where you can find it easy. Then go to the control panel and uninstall the existing driver, reboot and install the new one and test.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/314.07/314.07-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

July 87, August ?

#3 Greynthewolf

Greynthewolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well I successfully updated my video driver, but I'm still getting that same error message.  Any other ideas?

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm going to have to think about it,...............

Did You uninstall first before loading the new driver?

Is it only the one game or all of the Microsoft games?

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

July 87, August ?

#5 Greynthewolf

Greynthewolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, I uninstalled it first.  Could a problem with the memory cause something like that?

All the games.

Edited by Greynthewolf, 21 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Lets try this.

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from this site

Install the program then run it.

Go to Step 2 and allow it to run CheckDisk by clicking on Do It button:

Once that is done then go to Step 3 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on Do It button:

Go to Step 4 and under "System Restore" click on Create button: Also run the Registry backup, just in case.

Go to Start Repairs tab and click Start button.

Please ensure that ONLY items seen in the image below are ticked as indicated (they're all checked by default):

[

Click on box next to the Restart System when Finished. Then click on Start.

===========================================

Good Luck

Roger

July 87, August ?

#7 Greynthewolf

Greynthewolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

No luck.  Didn't help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic