Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING PROPERLY!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I have a HP Pavilion DM4-3099se Laptop with a Intel Core i5 dual core processer and 6GB of RAM. On this laptop is a Synaptics touchpad and uptill now it was working fine. It recently started glitching and now when i move my finger on the touchpad, the mouse moves but it repeatedly stops and then starts moving and then moves in all different directions. I went to the Synaptics website and installed the latest drivers for the touchpad and the installation was successful but the trackpad was still the same way. My external wired mouse works fine right now though. I tried restoring my system the earliest point there was on the list and still no improvement on the touchpad. Please help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks everyone for reading but I already fixed the problem. My computer shipped with two Operating Systems, one being windows 7 and the other being HP QuickWeb. I just booted into HP Quickweb and my trackpad was working fine and then i booted back into windows and it worked perfectly after that. I just though i would let you know and can somebody please close this topic because i dont know how to. thanks. :)

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 26,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Thank you for letting us know your issue is resolved. Bleeping Computer ordinarily does not close topics unless they are malware related. As sometimes the problem resurfaces or questions arise and it's easier to continue with the same topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users