Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(RUN AS )which user account do you want to use to run this program? message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aranem

aranem

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hi there. I have had an issue for a few months now I have received this message (RUN AS )which user account do you want to use to run this program? I have tried used malwarebytes,super antispyware, and a few other programs to look for malware but nothing has solved this issue. I have also used a program that was mentioned to me in another post called xp_runasshortcutfix. It finds an issue each time I have run it (same file shows each time) but the next time I start up my cpu it is there again. It is not something that seems to be an issue that bothers my system but it is a bit annoying. If anyone could take some time to lend a hand, that would be great.
I am running windows xp service pack 3 with ie8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'm afraid I don't quite know what your problem is as described. Perhaps give more detail. Step by step like, I do this and then it does that, then I do this, etc.\

Are you running on a limited accout or an adminstrator account?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,094 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

<<I have also used a program that was mentioned to me in another post called xp_runasshortcutfix.>>

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_runasshort.htm

If above link failed to correct problem...I really don't know what to suggest for the described situation.

Louis

#4 aranem

aranem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hi there. It is there within 3 minutes of starting up my cpu. Once windows loads the drivers, it shows up asking me which user account to run this program. I have only one user name and I can't tell what program it is asking about. 

Louis, that is the exact program I have used. It finds a registry file to correct (looks like the same one each time) but the next time the cpu starts up, I get the same message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users