Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to configure Outlook 2013 to receive Yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jwmghf

jwmghf

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys:

I can't seem to get this right. I go through the Outlook Add Account Wizard and I get this error:

The name on the Security Certificate does not match the name of the site.

Do you want to proceed?

Yes, No, View Certificate

I hit Yes, but, it still doesn't configure properly. It prompts me to retry over and over again.

Any ideas would be great!!!

Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

You have to use an IMAP configuration to use Yahoo with Outlook 2013 or upgrade to paid account to use Yahoo and POP3 with Outlook. For IMAP instructions and still stay free see: How to Configure Free Yahoo Accounts In Outlook

Thanks to Diane Poremsky Outlook MVP @ This Link

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Animal. I will check it out and post back.

#4 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Maybe it's just me, but, I can't register with izzymail at all. I downloaded and installed YPop, but, I don't know how to configure it and there aren't any clear directions??? Maybe this is a waist of time?? I don't know.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,133 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I don't have Outlook or use Yahoo so I'm not able to do any testing to help you further. Maybe someone more familiar with Yahoo mail or Outlook 2013 can add something.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

That's cool. I'll just keep checking back here and I'll keep reading to try to figure it out.

Thanks again Animal!!!!!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,133 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

Andrew Brown

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users