Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Information about ComboFix being infected and what you should do

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm afraid to use this tool even under the supervision of a qualified person. I hope I never have to use Combofix. To me is no difference between the words "Combofix" and " Reinstall".

Yes, it is safe to use.

this program is great, I don't know how many times it fixed my slow running computer.

Dude you schouldn't just randomly start these programs when your PC is slow. There are alooooot better programs that could easily be read from a new computer user to help speed things up again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#62 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

That's interesting - two days ago I downloaded ComboFix and it messed up my computer.  It said I needed to restart and when I did my computer was totally screwed up and I had to do a system restore but I'm still having problems with stuff popping up.  How do I know if its messed up again or if it is something else with my computer please?

#63 freedie

freedie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

That's interesting - do you mean that two days ago your downloaded and ran ComboFix for no reason - just to see what happened to your computer. Or did you make the whole thing up?

#64 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 40,144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

JayJax, CF is not infected.

If you ran into an issue after running CF, you should post a new topic in this forum and someone can help you:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/25/antivirus-firewall-and-privacy-products-and-protection-methods/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users