Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is Monitor.exe *32

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lfshadow

lfshadow

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Computer was slow and seemed to have too many things running all the time, freezing, etc. I ran Malwarebytes and Webroot Secure Anywhere; they didn't find any problems.
So restored it to a week earlier then everything ran just fine for a few days. Now it seems to be doing it again.
I went to Task Manager and found several items I can not clearly identify after searching online for them:
Monitor.exe *32
csrss.exe
I have attached a copy of my Task Manager Processes runningAttached File  Task Manager 1-16-2013.doc   51.5KB   5 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi -
Do you have Advanced SystemCare by IObit installed on your system ?? If so then this is often it - (unrequired program IMO)
Ten pages of GOOGLE listed almost nothing with the *32 included as part of the name.

Can you go to Task Manager, and where you see the last >| < Vertical line that is hiding the rest of the words in that line
Please move it over to the right side (carefully use your mouse) to expose more of the wording and it may list the program that this is from.

Just post the words (a screen shot is not needed) that appear after what looks like Advanced -

csrss.exe
is usually a normal part of your system that can be ignored, unless infected ..............

Thank You -

#3 lfshadow

lfshadow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

You were right - it's Advanced System Care

Thanks!

#4 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Hi -

Personally Only - I would remove this program, as it contains a mix of Antivirus / Antimalware / Registry Cleaner, Adjusters etc, that are not actually required -
I have had problems with this program mix, and now I only have a Decent Antivirus, and a Decent Antimalware program installed -

It is often hard to remove, but I have found this link provides good information on how to remove it -

Visit this site, or follow the links provided >> http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/
Item #17 IObit > Info > Tool (Note: Cleans left-overs after a normal uninstall)

Just an idea for you ...........
Thank You -

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users