Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making a book look like a book...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imageyogi

imageyogi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hi there,

I have an unusual problem. I am helping a friend to promote their new ebook and have a 2D, flat image of the cover like you see on any book sale site. However, she has a sticking issue with this- she wants the book to look like a book- i.e. be a bit 3D. I have tried to make this happen using book images from the web and putting the cover image over the top but all attempts so far look a bit rubbish. I don't have any advanced graphic software so am a bit stuck. Can anyone help with this and suggest a next move?

Thanks so much!

Vick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

The method you described is probably the best approach. If the book image is leather or cloth bound, I would superimpose the cover image and add a leather or cloth texture to it. You can also manipulate the existing texture if it does not contain text etc. Quite easy if you have the software. You would need a graphic editor that did layers. The most-quoted flexible freeware is the GIMP but it's not very user-friendly.

#3 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

You probably have a solution by now. I don't know how mush editing you have, but my solution is to not get an image from the web but rather take your own picture. You can stage to book anyway you want.

#4 wantei

wantei

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think I've found what your looking for buddy. But, its not free.

Here ya go -

http://www.a-pdf.com/to-flashbook/index.htm

http://www.3d-book.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users