Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Surface Tablet Poll

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Surface RT (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy one?

1. ohhhhh yes (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. i prefer android (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. i rather use my ipad, ipod, or iphone (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. what is windows rt (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. give me old faithful -laptop / desktop (8 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have my surface now for a week or so and I am actually liking it. It sucks I am limited to the windows store but it is still fun to use.

Updated poll to include laptop and desktop choice.

Edited by herg62123, 05 January 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm glad you like it.

If you had an option for laptop or desktop, then I could have voted. There are 4 windows 7 computers in the House and a Touchscreen Windows 8 laptop. Nothing I've seen makes me want any type of Tablet, e-reader or smartphone. My Old fashioned Analog phone kept working the 11+ days of power outage from Sandy.

My Brothers Verizon Cellular phone, most of those 11+ days, he could get calls but not make them. Probably network overload is my guess.

When I saw tablets being plugged with product placement in all types of TV shows I was turned off by that too.

Cheers
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

July 87, August ?

#3 herg62123

herg62123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have updated the poll
Posted Image

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good addition, I like the wording.
You can probably tell how I voted.

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

July 87, August ?

#5 one2treefor5

one2treefor5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I tried Surface RT in Times Square a few months ago. It was nice, and I prefer the type cover, but I am eyeing on the Pro version which will come this month. Which is a good thing because I am in the market to get a new laptop.

#6 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,917 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm waiting for two things pertaining to the Surface 8 Pro ...

1. Are lots of people going to ask me to help fix problems with them (including "How do I..." questions)?

2. Will I get one as swag if I go to the right events or rub elbows with the right people? :)

From what I've seen, I think that I would probably have no problem "evangelizing" the merits from both a user and developer standpoint. So I'm quite comfortable taking a free one.

Not so excited for any of the ARM (Tegra) versions.

James

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 969 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Why do I have to only pick one?  smilie_colors1.gif

For most situations, I prefer my MacBook Air.  But there are definite situations where a touchscreen tablet (in my case, an iPad) is more useful...i.e. when reading PDF files or eBooks.  And there times where I need the power of my Windows desktop.

I do have to admit the Surface Pro interests me.  If I were in the market for a new computer, then I would certainly consider it.

Edited by smax013, 22 February 2013 - 01:13 AM.

[soapbox] backup = good...no backup = bad[/soapbox]

Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice or in response to my reply to your topic/issue. Instead, please post your reply to the forums. This is because there maybe more than just me trying to help you AND it ensures that any solutions to your issue are there in the original topic for others to learn from in the future.

The Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide
Bleeping Computer Forum Rules

#8 williambjacobs

williambjacobs

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have been wanting one of this since I watched a special on it about 4 years ago. I'm a fan of the interface. http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-US

#9 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

My laptop is much more bulky than your surface, but I much prefer it. I'm not limited to the Windows Store, and it has more computing power / flexibility for my uses.

I'm interested on what may happen with tablets etc in the near future though.

- Agglomerate

#10 donnal63

donnal63

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hi All,

I just bought the Surface this past weekend and I do like it but the only issue I have is I can't read any of my etext material that is required by my college.  They recommend at least Adobe 11.2, I am finding out that Windows does not have this app available which stinks.  I will be returning my surface tablet and hopefully I will find another tablet that will have Adobe 11.2.  Any suggestions would be awesome...

Thanks

Donna

#11 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,358 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hi, You got the wrong model. The more expensive version runs windows 8.

Maybe this will help. http://mashable.com/2013/10/21/surface-pro-2-review/

Since it's a full PC, the Surface Pro 2 can run apps like Photoshop with no problems and it comes with a digitizing pen with over 1,000 levels of pressure sensitivity.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/browse/surface-windows-8-pro

Good Luck

Roger

July 87, August ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users