Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ping issues to Windows PC.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sag12

sag12

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I was wondering if you could help me fix an issue that came up recently.
I have a Windows 7 machine that I use to connect to the Grails server on my mac and review how pages render on PC.
Occasionally I will also use file sharing between the mac and the PC.

All worked well, until about 2 weeks ago, when if the PC is connected via wireless, it can't see/ping the Mac at all (usually with message "Destination host unreachable").
The mac is always connected via wireless (don't have ethernet) and would never be able to ping the PC (usually saying "Request timeout for icmp_seq 0" or "ping: sendto: No route to host/Host is down").

So I switched to using ethernet on the PC.
With PC ethernet, I can sometimes get the mac and PC to see/ping each other, but it's very unpredictable and connections fail often.
Sometimes restarting both computers helps.

Others connected on the network via ethernet can see/ping both my mac and PC IPs fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users