Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unfixable problem with sound distortion when CPU spikes.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loki85

loki85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that is driving me crazy, My PC has been suffering from sound distortion for about 2 months.

Basically, if I am watching a video on youtube (or listening to any audio via my pc) the sound starts crackling and completely distorts after a short while, it sounds kind of like a bitcrusher effect. I have made a video that shows the problem and i will attach it to this post.

The problems started after I decided to clean and update my PC, at that time I updated my chipset drivers, made some edits to the registry, installed new audio drivers, also i had a nasty virus attack. I am unsure which, if any of these would be the cause of the problem. Everything was working perfectly a few months ago. :(

This problem also occurs when i am listening to music via any media player. The only workaround I have when the sound starts to break up is to turn my speakers off and on under "playback devices", this fixes the problem for a shot while before the problem comes back again. (this can be seen in the attached video @ 2:35)

My Specs:

Asus P7H55-M PRO Motherboard
MOTHERBOARD Chipset Intel H55
3 Port Firewire Card - Texas Instruments Chipset 1394a (TI Chipset) (i installed this myself)
1TB Seagate HD
Windows 7 Home Basic, service pack 1
x64-based PC
6GB Kingston DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5450

I use the firewire card for my saffire pro 14 soundcard

Things I have tried to fix the problem:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers
Disabled CPU Throttling
Uninstalled and reinstalled flash player
Downloaded and used Latencymon & DCP Latency checker
changing power management to High performance.
Disabled onboard sound
disabled unused stuff in device manager
disabled all unnecessary startup progs
changed firewire PCI slot

Can anyone help / suggest what the problem might be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 loki85

loki85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

no one got any advice?

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Have you tried using onboard sound to see if the problem still occurs?
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users