Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

do tablets support adobe flash player?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I want something that has wiki, can play movies (high quality ones), use the internet, supports adobe flash player so i can Youtube or play flash games. Something around 250 is the highest I'm willing to pay.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

depends on the tablet. Unfortunatly, all android based tablets no longer support flash, so you would need a windows or apple tablet.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Late but relevant.

Not all Android tablets are affected. Anything Ice Cream Sandwich and newer do not and will not support Flash. Gingerbread or Honeycomb can and do still run Flash. However with that said, Flash is no longer officially supported by Adobe on Android. Adobe will offer security updates but not through Google Play.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 31,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

doesn't Apple also boycott flash? I wouldn't think an ipad is an option if you want to be able to play flash games.
EDIT to add: Win8 also only offers "limited flash support".

regards myrti

Edited by myrti, 10 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

sig3.png

#5 Jason622

Jason622

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I have a Blackberry Playbook and have no problems at all with Adobe flash content. My tablet is the only one at my University that can access the Mastering Chemistry, Mastering Biology, Mastering Anatomy.... Websites that are Flash based for homework and quizzes. I also play all the Adobe Flash games at yahoo games (games.yahoo.com) without ANY problems!

I can't believe that this tablet has gone So unnoticed. I got mine a while ago, but you can find them for $130 NEW! And even cheaper on ebay.

I love mine and I highly recommend it. BlackBerry is constantly working to improve this tablet and they keep adding updates to make sure the Web browser can play the latest flash stuff.

I can even connect my Playbook to the TV (HDMI cable) and use my cell phone as a wireless bluetooth remote control! Hi-def streaming movies on my big screen. Awesome!

The processor is super fast and it has two cameras. Hardware is as good or better than the more expensive Kindle, Nexus Android, and iPads.

If you are willing to read instructions, you can even get your Playbook to sideload Android apps and run them as if your Playbook was an Android device.

It has TRUE multitasking, which means I can record my professor's lecture while I read the eBook and have my notes app ready to jot stuff down. The guy with the new iPad next to me can't believe it since he paid almost a thousand for his tablet and can't do that stuff. Look up a YouTube video about the playbook and you'll see how you can have everything open and running all at once. Totally awesome.

They've put a lot of thought into this tablet, and you can tell I love it. I think you'll like it too.

Definitely the best bang for your buck. You won't find anything less than $200 that even comes close to the PlayBook hardware specifications.

Good luck in your search!

#6 Jason622

Jason622

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

By the way, here's an article from ZDNET confirming that the BlackBerry Playbook is currently the only tablet with full Adobe Flash capability because RIM (BlackBerry parent company ) has its own software team that writes code for their browser to make it work seamlessly with each new version of Adobe Flash.

Have a read:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/adobe-flash-lives-in-windows-8-to-die-another-day/78829

PS: Windows Surface has some Flash support but Microsoft/Adobe have not dedicated a group of software developers to this task like RIM has.

Anyway... I think you have enough info to make your purchase decisions.

Edited by Jason622, 20 January 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#7 iceman85

iceman85

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

depends on the tablet. Unfortunatly, all android based tablets no longer support flash, so you would need a windows or apple tablet.

Wth? I thought only Apple was the "baddie" here not supporting flash, can you post sources?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wth? I thought only Apple was the "baddie" here not supporting flash, can you post sources?

Take your pick: https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Flash+no+longer+supported+in+Android&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users