Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple problems with syncing ipod nano 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hakrim

Hakrim

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

So I got a new ipod nano 7 for Christmas and I'm having problems syncing it. Itunes says that an ipod has been detected but can't be identified properly.

First off my old gen ipod and my external hard drive work fine so I don't think it's a problem with my usb ports. A common suggested fix I've found is to make sure itunes is up to date. When I try help > check for updates, it does say "a new version of itunes(11.0.1) is available and gives me the option to download the update. But when I click download, it doesn't do anything but flicker the 'thinking' cursor icon for a moment. Nothing downloads. There's no further prompt or message.

The error message itself suggests reinstalling itunes. I tried to do that but itunes doens't appear in my list of add/remove programs.

Could the problems with updating itunes and uninstalling itunes point to a common problem? Any help would be appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 btw.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users