Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3, no sound???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emmagator

emmagator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ok i have HDMI from ps3 to tv, then i have optical from ps3 to reciever. Im not getting any sound to my surround sound, if i turn my reciever off and use tv only i get sound through the tv speakers. Never had problem before. Oh, also if i hook up my Xbox360 exactly as described above the sound works perfectly through receiver surround sound. Bad optical port on ps3 or incorrect audio settings on ps3? Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sightless

Sightless

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm not positive, but can't you go into the PS3's display and/or audio settings and fiddle around with those? I don't use surround sound, but I do know that the PS3 has tons of options for Display/Audio, unlike the 360.
Posted Image

#3 emmagator

emmagator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm not positive, but can't you go into the PS3's display and/or audio settings and fiddle around with those? I don't use surround sound, but I do know that the PS3 has tons of options for Display/Audio, unlike the 360.

Yes ive messed around with them, but cant get it to work. Ive never messed with the audio settings before, i turned on the system today and it just wasnt working, im very puzzled.

#4 emmagator

emmagator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Any suggestions? I need help.

#5 Freeperm

Freeperm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

If you havent yet configured your hdmi settings do step 1 first. If yes then skip to 2.

1. Turn off your PS3, then hold your power button until you hear a first beep, then a second. After the 2nd beep let it go. It will turn on and automatically configure your hdmi audio/video settings.

2. In your case you will go to sound settings and set your audio output settings to "optical digital" since you are using an optical cable. This varies depending on the output cable you're using. :thumbsup:

Also, if you would like it to play out of both your TV and reciever go to sound settings and audio multi-output and set it to on.

Let me know how this works for you

Edited by Freeperm, 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users