Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volunteer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CheckNerd

CheckNerd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

hi.. i want to part of the malware response team! How do i become part of the team??
Nobody is perfect & I'm Nobody.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Malware Removal Training Program
Learn about it here, and join the program!
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html

Please Note:
Due to the large numbers of requests for training, we utilize an automated program that will open a training slot to applicants when one becomes available. If the classes are full, please check back often to see if there is an opening.

And wait for a opening.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 07 December 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

July 79.4

#3 CheckNerd

CheckNerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

oh no i will have to wait for an opening!:( I was part of the program a couple of years ago but somehw i couldnt finish the whole thing!
Nobody is perfect & I'm Nobody.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 424 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Did you drop out of the program...says they will finish at your rate. Several years may be too long.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Good luck buddy :)

#6 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

If you were part of the program previously, and left on good terms, I suggest you PM a moderator. As part of the program I cannot recommend it enough :thumbup2:

Good luck,
HydroLar
norwegian-coast-1.jpg

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

#7 sariki

sariki

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Now what if I don't remember I was apart of the programs as well. I don't remember if I left on good terms or not Any suggestion there???
Posting Goal: 25 50 100
Posted Image

#8 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 424 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Now what if I don't remember I was apart of the programs as well. I don't remember if I left on good terms or not Any suggestion there???

Pm a moderator is the best idea...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,205 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Not a moderator.

If you feel that special circumstances require our attention, contact this Study Hall Admin only.

From the topic Rotor linked to in his initial reply.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 424 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Sorry about that, I went with what HydroLar had posted.

#11 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

If you were part of the program previously, and left on good terms, I suggest you PM a moderator. As part of the program I cannot recommend it enough :thumbup2:

Good luck,
HydroLar

I agree!

@CheckNerd

Like said if left with giving a note and on good terms there shouldn't be any issues. The staff here is awesome so I don't think they would have a problem if you reapplied. :)

#12 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,205 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

To reiterate what I said earlier, do NOT PM a moderator in these situations.

If you feel that special circumstances require our attention, contact this Study Hall Admin only.

From the topic Rotor linked to in his initial reply.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#13 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 52,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Like said if left with giving a note and on good terms there shouldn't be any issues. The staff here is awesome so I don't think they would have a problem if you reapplied.

Just to avoid any misunderstanding or confusion, I would like to clarify some things here. If you have been previously in training you can contact the Study Hall Admin (that being me at the moment) only, which however is no assurance you will be re-admitted.

Whether or not you will be readmitted depends completely on the circumstances in which you left the training program in the first place. That will be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. Being a former trainee is no guarantee for being re-admitted.
regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

banner.png

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users