Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP NC8000 With Windows 98SE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rainattack

Rainattack

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hello, I recently obtained a HP NC8000 with Windows 98 SE on it. I am trying to get the Graphics Card installed because I assume at some point before I got it, someone removed all the drivers on it as it is stuck on a VGA resolution. :P

If my understanding of HP's Docs are correct, the card is an:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Pro

I'm just uncertain where I could get these drivers, and how I would even install them, or if the 9600 Mobility is even compatible with 98SE. If anyone can help me out, that would be really great! I'd just be happy if it wasn't stuck at 640x480 with 16 colors at this point. :P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,918 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

According to the HP support website neither model of the HP NC8000 had 98SE as an OS. They were Win2K or XP.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Rainattack

Rainattack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Oh, well that would explain a few things. :lol:

Since I do not have a Windows 2000 XP disc handy, would it still be possible to find the drivers for each of the individual components? And if so, how would I go about that?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,918 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would search drivers and downloads with the model machine selected, from the link I posted. See if you can find them there first. After that it will be a lot more work if even possible this late in the product lifecycle.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 straightupwv

straightupwv

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Assuming that you've exhausted the HP and ATI websites, try Driverguide. They still have some of the older device drivers.

Edited by straightupwv, 06 December 2012 - 06:10 AM.

Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.

#6 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

I believe this is the driver you want my friend

http://anonym.to/http://web.archive.org/web/20041209210335/http://drivers.soft32.com/download/driver-ATI_MOBILITY_RADEON_9600-24069-5.html (Win95 and 98 are listed)

Here is the DL link from that page

The file is 25MB - ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/SP26223.exe

Good luck :)

Edited by 4dude, 11 December 2012 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users