Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player installed but not working

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Recently my flash player quit working on me in the middle of a youtube video, it just quit playing and said i needed to install the latest version of Adobe. So i went and uninstalled it, rebooted, and installed the newest version. It is still telling me that i need to install latest version. I have done several uninstalls and reinstalls, but with no luck. My computer is showing that it is installed and working, and no problems with installation, add-ons are enabled for browser, but it's still not registering that i have a flash player installed. Please help. I even went through and did a clean installation of flash player.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

You need to use the uninstall tool at the link below or you won't be able to reinstall it properly.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

#3 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I downloaded the link, ran the uninstall process, rebooted, reinstalled, still nothing

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

What browser are you using? Try a different one.

#5 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

i'v tried firefox, ie, and firefox night.y. It's not working on either one

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,407 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Since we're talking about Youtube, try Chrome. And on Firefox, the uninstallation and reinstallation is different. You can do that in Addons. But the fact that it's not working in either browser indicates something else is going on and someone who knows a lot more than me needs to investigate.

#7 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yea...thats what i was kinda thinking as well. I just tried Chrome as well and no luck there either.

#8 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Finally!!!!! I just figured it out. I had to go into my firewall and disable block animated adds. I'm so happy that i figured this out. I've been working on this for about a week now.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for letting us know what the solution was. I'm sure this will be helpful to others.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Finally!!!!! I just figured it out. I had to go into my firewall and disable block animated adds. I'm so happy that i figured this out. I've been working on this for about a week now.

Hi Ribdigger870!
In which program did you disable block animated ads? That sounds like it should be part of the browser but I can't navigate my Firefox since they got rid of the Options tab. :blush:
Thank you.
Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, OS: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit,
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

#11 galapogosb

galapogosb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

This website is really bad on the user friendliness. It took way to long to register and they did not tell me they were sending an email that I had to finish the registration. The security feature thing is really unfair, you can not see the letters clearly, I find that with most sites. really, are we that worried about security. Anyway, since I did not get an answer with all that other stuff  for the adobe flash possible problems; I felt that I should help . If you are having problems with the product go to this website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_heading_6

I had problems with my computer and had turned off the managed add on shockwave flash object thingy, please can you rename that to shutoff adobe flash player , what's this shockwave, punishment for using this product. Why would they not warn you that flashplayer would not work at all without it and when you use flash why would it not tell you that is disabled in your add ons. Just another victim of bleeding technology.and bleeping, I bleep at you for wasting my time with your nonsense

Edited by galapogosb, 26 May 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#12 antarriaga

antarriaga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

If you are running windows Internet Explorer, click on the safety tab on the top right of your command bar, uncheck ActiveX filtering.

#13 BRAD FLETCHER

BRAD FLETCHER

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

If you are running windows Internet Explorer, click on the safety tab on the top right of your command bar, uncheck ActiveX filtering.

It still does not run.

New ideas?

#14 thisdangthing

thisdangthing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Recently my flash player quit working on me in the middle of a youtube video, it just quit playing and said i needed to install the latest version of Adobe. So i went and uninstalled it, rebooted, and installed the newest version. It is still telling me that i need to install latest version. I have done several uninstalls and reinstalls, but with no luck. My computer is showing that it is installed and working, and no problems with installation, add-ons are enabled for browser, but it's still not registering that i have a flash player installed. Please help. I even went through and did a clean installation of flash player.

I had the same problem grrr. Joined here to share this link that walks you through the steps. It worked for me. Good luck! http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users