Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaSalmon

DaSalmon

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hey guys, I recently out of the blue started getting this error at complete random: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1" This pop up takes me out of whatever game or anything I'm doing which is why it's so annoying. When I click cancel it happens again except it says dr2, then again dr3, dr4, dr5 which is 5 times I have to click cancel. It then goes away for a random amount of time, but it will pop up later. This can get extremely annoying. I can leave my computer with nothing going on for like 8 hours straight, and then out of the blue this error occurs. I don't know what is causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hi i assume your OS is Vista.Have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330137
Also if you Google the error,you'll see a Youtube video link that's available,that you may like to view.
This link may also be helpful http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/1986-there-is-no-disk-in-the-drive-error-message

Edited by Julia G, 27 November 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Please post a screeshot from Disk Management.

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

#4 cbn620

cbn620

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Do you have a removable drive plugged into the computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users