Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The server's security certificate is revoked!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mercuryminded

mercuryminded

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

When I'm using Google chrome, I cannot go to site with "http://". And following someone else's advice, I checked the public keys for Google and Facebook in the certificate information and they both shared the same public key beginning with 30 81 89.
It started when I plugged in my external hard drive.
Also, I do not know if it is connected but windows firewall gives the error "Windows Firewall cannot change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070424" when I try to start it while windows defender gives the error "the specified device does not exist as an installed service. (Error Code: 0x80070424)"

I also attempted to install Microsoft security essentials but it gave me the error message "error: 0x800b0001"

I attempted to do a system restore but that failed too.

Right now I have no idea what to do other than just format the whole thing. An y advice on what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networking

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START,it should download the virus definitions
When scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users